Need to RANT!

triptondjones

:cuteonion49: Oh my god. I was just on facebook and I saw my mom replied to a post that had the album cover picture for 'Fergie as the Dutchess' with Aizen's face slapped on it and she had the gall to say 'TRASH'. I got so pissed! rabbit11 How dare she speak that way towards my fellow otakus!!!!!! So, I told her she was rude and that I wouldn't stand for it. But I'm still pissed to I needed to share that with the peeps who have those kinds of parents. If you're not an otaku, than don't say anything cause ya don't understand our language or how we communicate with each other!!!! [screams] She makes me sooooo mad!!!!!!!!: cuteonion43:

That's all. onionn3

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• triptondjones

• gin

• InuCassy

• Dev

Hiya

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Okay so I know this post is VERY old but i wanted to explain my views on this incident.

First of all, there are plenty of people that will find men and women that do sultry or suggestive poses, "trash". If you really look at the Fergie Duchess album cover (i own the album but lost the CD *cries*) she is sitting on a bed covered with silk sheets in a lace ensemble...

Her booty popped, back arched etc... Though the picture itself is not revealing the suggested themes the picture transmits is one that some may class as "trashy".

I agree it was inappropriate to call someone "trash" as they are clearly a fan of Fergie (or wanted a fun and sexy pose for their FB pics). The opinion could have been phrased better to explain their reasoning or simply, not respond...

I personally feel the picture would be fine, it is not crude or revealing so it is alright by me. Remember, the person that commented was still your mother so you should attempt to talk to her calmly to convey your opinions. It is easier said than done trust me but give it a shot and you could leave with a stronger relationship with your mother and an argument settled.

Humans are expressive creatures and often we have all these emotions rushing to us that it is difficult to choose which we want to show, which to conceal and how to display them. Next time something like this happens with ANYONE try to be the bigger person and brush it off. "That picture COULD be considered trashy... HOWEVER, I feel it is okay and the picture is not revealing so it seems good to me. Saying something or someone is trashy without knowing them is not polite..." (my very poor example lol).

Hope you are doing well and staying relaxed :)

Have a blessed day and take care,

Dev

• 4 months later...

All is good now. *\(^o^)/* Me and my mum don't fight anymore. Thank you very much for your insightful words. I will take them ta heart.

• 5 months later...

I wanna shout at people who annoy me by calling anime stupid in front me (purposely)....i feel like poking out their eyes cuz they cant see whats so beautiful in them