Near dead experiences?

Subconscious_domain

I just wanted to share with you guys my scary near death experience. And although it's not the best of subjects, I was wondering if anyone else had their own stories to share.

Here's mine which literally happened only about ten minutes ago:

So we've been having problems with our heater but we got it working for a bit today. So we turned it on for a while and everyone went to bed besides me and my boyfriend but we had turned it off when they went to sleep. We decided it was warm enough.

So we close our door and turn off the light and snuggle up with our computers. I'm attempting to write the rest of the replies I need to write and he's playing a game. Suddenly I realize that something doesn't smell quite right. So I ask, "You smell something burning?" that's always the question asked in movies and what not right before a fire starts raging.

He responds with, "A little bit but I think its just one of the heaters we had running earlier." we had little space heaters and one of them made a smell because it was old. However, I recalled that after we got the original heater working we unplugged all of the space heaters. And in the middle of my saying this... from the hall way I hear, "Fire, Bob fire! There's smoke everywhere!" Bob is my boyfriends fathers name.

Anyway, boyfriend gets up in seconds and literally tears the door open at the exact same time that his father tears open his own. Like, they were literally monsters with how they moved so fast. Tearing open doors and they were gone in a second since they all ran to the furnace.

But here I am, left behind in this plume of smoke in the hall way. They obviously knew what to do but me, well I had a different approach. I grabbed my purse and all my money, my boyfriends phone (since mine was dead) and all three cats, all in my arms as I'm running for the front door. I throw it all outside and then go fetch the dog that's in a corner barking and shove her out the door too.

So as these big men were running through the house tearing open vents with a fire extinguisher in hand... I'm just crying in the yard with all the animals and wet socks. 911 on speed dial. I've had moments in my life where I've stopped breathing (when I was a kid) and moments where I've gotten into car wrecks.

But I don't remember when I was a kid and car wrecks are pretty simple in terms of whether you think you're gonna die or not. I wasn't injured in any of my car wrecks. But this little fire thing that happened here scared me more than any car wreck. I couldn't see the flames but I could see the smoke billowing out of every vent and smell something burning.

All I could imagine was a fire suddenly falling through the ceiling. It was a really scary thought.

EDIT: LOL and I also just realized that I wrote near dead experiences instead of near death experiences... lolololol. I suppose that is proof of how crazy my brain was going last night. Couldn't even type correctly.

• Like 3

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subconscious_domain

• sarah3161

• Marygrace94

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

God bless you...

But now you are safe,right?

I hope you are alright & be calm for a while....

May the faith be with you....

:)

• Like 1

thats really scary >_

thank GOD eveyone is okay ....

i had a bad experience when i was 8

my father was driving on a bridge ,and -like everyone- he was speeding.

suddenly , the car in front of us stopped without any signal.... my father panicked and we almost fell from the bridge, but -thank GOD- he turned

and we crashed in the car that stopped.. i remember some of our car pieces flew..there was smoke ...my head was spinning,then the people came to help us and i was carried..

i remember my mother was panicked when a man carried my baby sister far away..(she thought he was kidnapping here.. since its common thing at these time) >_

we were okay.. just minor injuries...

• Like 3

Thank you :) I also noticed you left a message on my profile and want to apologize for not getting back to you. I sent a few texts to people last night about the fire as well as made this thread. Then I basically went straight to sleep. I realize now that that was a bad decision because I woke up to like ten texts of people asking me why I wasn't responding ^^;

Car wrecks are extremely scary ;_; Unfortunately I don't remember my younger days where my mom liked to actually drive OFF the bridges lol. Apparently we drove off one at some point in my toddlerhood and ended up upside down. Mom had like a head wound I guess. And I had a few scratches. But I was hanging upside down from my carseat and my mom said that my cry saved us by waking her up.

My mom has Lupis... so no matter the seriousness of a crash or fall... we were always rushed off to the emergency room no matter what. Because her blood clotted at the smallest of bumps to her body.

• Like 2

No problems, sweetie ^^

I'm glad to hear that you are safe & OK, is better ^^

So, everything there's OK now???

Do take care....

Yes, everything is fine. For now anyway. We aren't using the heater anymore until we get a professional to look at it. But man oh man, it is freezing D; Its snowing outside and I'm sitting here with four blankets and I'm STILL cold.

• Like 1

It's really a bad experience. I don't quite get how you feel, i now that it will be hard for you for some times, but i wish you everything best.

My mother when she was 15 got fire in her hair and almost burnt his head. So know She really scared of fire... :( i hope you will not have this simptom.

Near death experiance!? I had one today my little sister forget to turn of the gas and it was liking, hopeful i realise it before i got asphyxiation.

• Like 2

Put on your THICK cloths, wrap your neck with scarf, cover your hands with gloves & your feet with socks, too!!!

My country is so hot, but I understand how cold you can feel ^^

Hope you'll pass though it all, my dear!!

My younger sister also got a burn by lighting a plastic bottle..

And now she's still scaed of fire as your mom, too ^^

• Like 1

Mhmm...

When I was younger,my family and I made a trip to paris. When we walked through the beautiful city I was so excited and were about to cross a street. I was so happy I didn't really thought about it and walk...no almost ran in direction street. I was about to make a step on the street and suddenly a car drove past me. Luckily I stopped and the car drove past me. My parents scolded me,because I was almost dead well,as you can see,I'm not dead.

Ah and at the school,during a sport festival I collapsed and the doctor said I almost died.

• Like 1

Well... if I list of my near dead experiences it will be quite a lot... ^^;;;

I will just go with some of experiences I had when I was kids...

Well... not only when I was kid...

I guess since beginning of my birth was little bit of near dead experiences... ^^;;;

When almost time for me to born, my mother washing dinner dish her water brock...

So she when to hospital...

But, doctor told her I am not ready to come out...

If any of you know this or not after water brock if the baby don't come out the baby with died or will have brain damage...

Any way... so my mother came back home...

About 2am I was born... so even I don't remember anything... but, if I wasn't really coming out on time... who know what will happen...

Then, I was 3 or little less my mother was boiling water by single stove at home...

It was on the floor... when, my mother took the boiling water out and got back see me that my left side of face was on top of that single stove...

I can't remember this one either... but, I can see how much my mother scare that time...

If she came little bit late what might happen...

Because, I wasn't cry so if I end up fall and my cloths was the one go into that it will be fire and burn all over and might died... --;;;

Next, I was play with my family at ocean when I was around 5...

I was in the tube... but, my bum was stock in middle of tube...

Then, the wave came and flip the tube...

As I said I as stock in the tube...

I couldn't get out from it...

So I was keep drinking ocean water until someone find me and get me out...

I don't remember how long I been in that postion... but, any way good that someone found me...

When I was growing up at Korea... most basic heating fro house was using briquet... it's make my coal...

Any way... everyone should know when coal burn the make deathly gas...

The room me and my sister sleep had a crack in and gas was leak into the room... --;;

It wasn't big crack so we didn't end up death... but, still I couldn't get to school on that day... --

Also, when I was 4th grade... I had problem with my right side kidney...

So doctor told me not to play any physical activity...

But, my gym teacher tell everyone had to do 100m running test...

So I end up doing running... guess what happen...

Also, to the end of running my breath was somehow cut of... --

I was crying so hard but no sound coming out... because, my breathing part of totally not working... --

Any way... somehow my breath did came back...

After that... my gym teacher never as me to play gym class... ^^;;;

Well... there are so many other... I don't know if I could even finish today... --;;;

So I guess I should stop here...

Any way... my life was full of near dead experiences...

But, I never fear about any of it...

I guess I am feel somehow I will be o.k...

For now I don't feel because everyone will died one day...

So it's not really metter if I died now or later... ^^;;;

Any way... I just hope everyone stay safe and live happy live... ^^

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Got a heart attack in the middle of the night, couldn't find my meds, and I lived alone. I remembered I was unconsious and went to that legendary "garden", when suddenly someone with a dementor costume appeared and said "It's not your time to be here. Go home!"

Long ago, when I going through depression I took several pain killers on an empty stomach, which caused me to start throwing up, including blood, but I never went to the hospital. Another time, I took more of the pain killers, and it was seemly shutting down my body - my heart rate started slowing greatly, my eyes became very dark, everything was seemly in very slow motion. My mother looked at me and instantly thought I was on drugs and wanted to take me to the hospital, but I declined. I don't know if it was near death experiences, but it did seem like it was. And no, it wasn't a high or anything along that; it was a bit more serious.

I'll just copy/paste what I said on another forum for a similar topic;

Not long ago, my father and brother decided to go hiking. They hiked, and apparently someone starting shooting toward them. The bullets were so close to them, they could literally hear the bullets fly across their face. Hitting the ground near them too, etc. Many bullets were shot between them as they hiked, which is where I am usually at. I decided not to go because of my gf (I did nearly go though). The bullets were shot at where I would normally be standing; between them, and I would likely been dead right now (the bullets were LITERALLY that close - you could hear them fly pass by, hitting the ground below, and between them - I am USUALLY between them, thus would have been shot, and likely in the head). I haven't hiked since I believe, or at least near there - people mindlessly shooting all over the place. That was very scary, and they were scared once they got home, and were GLAD that I didn't go. I thank my gf for that..
I would have likely been dead if I decided to go. The bullets apparently were at the area where I would be normally standing, and since I am not tall, it would have hit me in the head, or at least so I was told.

I have several others, but I don't wish to say them. And I am sure I got others that I don't remember.

• 2 months later...

I was on holiday with my uncle, aunt and her husband... We had taken a boat to see Venice. It looked so beautiful and sunny from afar but as we came closer the thunder started to crack in the sky and hailstones poured down.

We had decided to take a gondola ride through Venice when the weather improved but when leaving I lost footing when the boat moved too far away from the dock. I was about to fall into the deep waters but my uncle grabbed my hand and tried hard to pull me back up and onto the dock. In the end me and my uncle both fell over on the dock (he did pull me up with all his might).

Thanks to him I am alive now, I was able to leave with a tear in my trousers than losing my life entirely (I didn't know how to swim and had almost drowned the night before in the swimming pool at the hotel).

Before this, when much MUCH younger I was messing with a weird looking gutter system and my foot got stuck, family members too far away. I tried hard to get my foot out but it was stuck and could not understand how to get out. Then a large truck was coming towards me and I tried to signal the driver that I am here but the vehicle did not stop...

Same uncle that had saved me later in life had come to grab me and get me out FAST.

It upsets me that these things have happened and if there was nobody there, I would not be here right now writing this in a forum or studying at University.

I did not die and come back, I did not need to go to hospital but If the situation was different i would not be alive. That is how I am interpreting the "near death" theme of this post.

OMG that is crazy (and exactly what i would do). I have two cats and I could see myself doing the same thing as you. PROTECT THE KITTY's!!! (i'm the crazy cat lady....)

As for my own near death experiences...There's times where I thought I was going to die but I ended up not being in too much danger... I'm a gymnast and have gotten hurt so many times that I can't even count anymore. most recently I tore my ACL doing a tumbling pass and I flew into one of the building's steel support beams. my only though was "please don't let me die". I bonked my head real nice but I was in so much pain from my knee that my head didn't seem to hurt all that much. I was in the car on the way to the hospital (my dad was there so he just took me instead of the ambulance) and the entire time that i was fighting to stay conscious my only thought was "what if i don't wake up?". Silly yes, but i thought I was going to die. that was officially (one of) the scariest moments of my life.

and what about dying of happiness? does that count? :p

• 2 months later...

i had this accident right after my birthday when i was 8 years old.. hmm, it was a vehicular accident. i crossed the road and i was bumped by a car.. i was at the hospital, fortunately, for 4 days, and i didn;t go to school for a month,.