Silver Chaos [Open thread/questions]

YaoiLoverfangurl19

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9899[/ATTACH]I try to install the game and i will watch the video and do exactly what is done in it but I keep getting this. What do I need to do. I get up to the part where I designate where to put the game and then it acts as if its doing it but then I get this error.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rei

• YaoiLoverfangurl19

• Lisim

• saphirolf

I did the first part where you go into the silverchaos folder and run the install program but then in the video when it tells me to go to the 1.2glitch patch my folder doesnt look the way it does in the video. there are only two things in mine one of them is the thing that the video says to click on. when i do that a gray box comes up and it downloads something and then a ton of files appear in the folder but thats all that happens. no window opens and i tried clicking it again and nothing happens. I have done everything precisly the way it is shown in the video and described in the instructions but now what do i do? why am i not getting that window. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!! I want to get this game to work so baaaad!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this has already been answered, but when I follow the video guide, a message saying it failed to intall (インストールに失敗しました) comes up when I try to extract the game. I tried extracting it into a VividColor folder but that didnt work. (the cannot find folder thing comes up as well, but that shouldn't matter if you create a new folder right?)

It seems many people had this error, but they all solved it by themselves and didn't say how! >.

Please help, I did everything in the video until the part where you had to install the 1.2 patch thing. For some reason, when I click it the extracting window pops up for like a mere second then dissappears, there was no blue screen that popped up after that. I have the japanese unicode thing installed, I had no other programs running, I ran as admin... How do I fix this pleaseeeee... I was really looking forward to this game, aw shucks :/. Btw I use windows 7.

@ Babohui: Did you try to do a Disk Clean on your laptop? Sometimes windows does slow down and even shuts a program prematurely if there's less free RAM. I tried the patch on mine for the upgrade. It pulls it up with no worries. Another is you may need to place the upgrade patch in the same folder as the game's install folder.

@ chiakaiyuki: Did you chose the 600MB option before you tried to install the game? If you didn't, that may be why you weren't able to extract it.

:hamtaro-005 (4):

• Like 1

So meaning you got it installed then? but when you try and pull up the game, "mainsystem.exe" error appears?

Which OS do you have, vista? 7?

If you've installed the game, try changing your compatibility to run as admin first.

If you're saying that it is indeed the patches, as I mentioned earlier, try placing the 1.2 upgrade in the same folder you installed the game in. That's how I fixed mine. :)

Same as me then. :)

Right click the shortcut of the game on desktop and choose "properties". Click the "compatibility" tab and click the option to run as admin. If that doesn't still work, try changing your compatibility to Windows 98 or Windows XP as well. It's on the "compatibility" tab as well.

This is the first yoai game that i really wanted to download and play. Though its great that you added instructions to the torrent- it seems like I'm either not following it correctly or my computer is unhappy with the files =( i followed all the steps until i ran into a bit of a problem finding a file, "the second option which has 600 in the name" =/ and if i just still select the second one then some sort of error message pops up- i have no idea what language it is in but i still have no idea what it says.

@Hash23

Try placing the 1.2 update in the same folder as where you have your game installed and open it from there. Same goes with the english patch. Just delete them after you pulled up the game and patched it successfully. I'm using windows 7 too.

Well I mean this is my first time downloading it, at all and I can't seem to get the torrent file. Should I try the other option then? And thank you!

I'm having problem in downloading the game silver chaos especially the torrent file because i only use broadband and as expected the internet connection is very slow i could only download successfully a 30mb file!...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :)

Im kinda new here and i have a prob running the 1.2 glitch patch

when i tried installing it no window came out...what should i do?can anyone help me?