The boss is enamored!!!!! (Closed. 18+)

Yukonwolfspirit

Haven stood frozen in the doorframe. Refusing to move even as a majority of the intruders left the house. The biggest threat was still inside. “I’d rather sit on a spike and eat vomit.” He finally managed to growl out. He was going to need to change the locks. Or maybe just move out? The thought of getting a gun, despite how queasy it made him, ran through his mind. He dug his nails to prevent himself from shaking. “Get out of my house, Yukie. I don’t want you here.”

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• O.C.D.C

“…I know. My men have made it pretty clear you’re annoyed by me.” Yukie replied as he sighed and sat down on the chair watching Haven. “I’m a man of compromise and of my word.” Yukie started as he relaxed back against the chair and took a few minutes to study Haven. “Alright. Fine, I’ll leave…and my men will back off but in return I want to at least be allowed to check in and say hello…let’s say twice a week. Tuesdays and Thursdays. In return I would like proof you’re safe and alive and…I would like you to at least eat the meal I made. You’ve been so busy with work that I worry you aren’t taking care of yourself.” Yukie stated as he stood up and put out the candles before turning on the lights. “Dessert is in the fridge chilling it’s a cheesecake.” Yukie replied as he started to clean the kitchen from his cooking so he could leave the man willing to slowly earn Havens trust.

Haven glowered at Yukie from his position; ready to either slam his bedroom door shut or pounce on the other man. It felt like their little staring contest went on for hours until, much to Haven's satisfaction, Yukie gave in. Or, well, he almost gave in — fucking pigheaded asshole. What would it take to chase him away? Haven huffed as his death grip on the door frame finally loosened. His initial fear from the sudden home invasion had drained away to the tempered frustration he had been dealing with since this morning. “What would these “check ins” look like?” Fuck. Was he really considering agreeing to this? The very idea of giving into this creep made Haven’s hackles rise. But considering the hell his life had been for the past week and nearly dying of a heart attack less than ten minutes ago, this might be the preferable option. On the other hand, Yukie was already acting like Haven agreed to this “new deal” and that was almost arrogant enough for Haven to want to say no on principle alone. Because where does he get off acting like he knows what Haven is going to say? Or that he’s actually concerned for Haven’s well-being. 

“I make sure you’re fine. You’re healthy well fed and are living comfortably. I’ll come over with dinner. You can choose to have me stay or not. The check-ins are for my mental stability, to make sure you’re fine to ease having you away from me.” Yukie admitted his voice full of honesty as he looked away as if ashamed to have this side of him. “I know I shouldn’t care…I’ve been raised to think your dirt beneath my feet.” Yukie explained as he leaned against the kitchen counter. “When I look at you I don’t feel like I have with others. The thought of you being alone or unwell terrifies me…and hardly anything scares me.” Yukie whispered his voice breaking a touch as he let his guard down something that was unknown by even his men. “I feel this primal urge to be your mate…as if you’re the only thing that exists in my world….its not possible for me to be around all the time it’s why my men are around to protect you from my enemies and for my own peace of mind.” Yukie finally admitted as he looked over at Haven. “I hate feeling so flustered and terrified…all of this for someone I don’t know makes me hate being an alpha…I feel I have no choice sometimes in being attracted to omegas and betas like yourself.” Yukie mumbled a bit of anger and confusion on his face as he covered it and grabbed his jacket before slipping it on. “Just text me if that’s okay with you.” Yukie added feeling overly uncomfortable and wanting to run away from the house that was overwhelming with Havens scent.

“Mother fucker…” Haven groaned, rubbing his temples as he stared at the pathetic sight in front of him. What… what the fuck was he supposed to do with all that?! Haven couldn’t even tell what he was feeling anymore. Sympathetic? Disgusted? Annoyed? Whatever it was, it made his skin crawl. He was torn between wanting to run and hide and, and… fuck, he didn’t know. Comfort Yukie? The very thought made him cringe. This was a stranger who was making his life a living hell! A stranger who was sticking up Haven’s apartment with his pathetic, angsty smell and baring his soul to a very unprepared and very unwilling Haven. “L-look. It’s probably just… I don’t know… your hormones fucking with you.” Attempting to speak softly, Haven hesitantly stepped out of the doorframe “Maybe my… smell,” eww, “Does something for you. Because you can’t really fall in love with someone you just met. It’s insane. You’ll get over it in a few weeks but….” fuck, was he really doing this? “If me, updating you about me helps you get over me faster, I suppose I can do that.” A little part of Haven’s soul died as he said that. Fuck. This was such a bad idea. 

“ Haven, if I feel different after a while of seeing you every now and then. If your scent for some reason doesn’t make me feel like this anymore…I’ll leave and never look back. I won’t put you through misery or keep insisting what I feel is real.” Yukie whispered as he looked away from Haven his face red from embarrassment. “I was originally just messing with you before, you know rich bored guy fun. The thought of messing with you was a way to kill my boredom. Now everything’s shifted for me I only feel like deeply protecting and caring for you, to the point imagining being away from you, or even making you unhappy….makes me upset.” Yukie explained showing just why he had asked his men to ease up a bit and he was here cooking instead of stepping back. “Look…every Alpha I’ve talked to…said this is how it feels when we find our mates.” Yukie explained his face going even redder as he spoke the poor Alpha feeling like he could die on the spot. Hiding his face away a minute to reset his feelings Yukie jumped slightly as the door was knocked and opened, the guard Yuen looking in.

”We need to go sir, that “incident” we discussed is becoming a problem.” Yuen explained as he looked at the two before  turning around giving his boss time to correct how flustered he was. “We need to leave now. I have a guard stationed nearby to watch over Haven if that’s a problem.” Yuen added as he mentioned to the man smoking out on a bench in the street the guard giving Haven much more space as instructed.

”Alright, bring the car around. Give me a minute to say goodbye.” Yukie mumbled as he refused to look at Yuen only sighing as Yuen left and Yukie quickly went to put his shoes on. “The wine is best chilled…food is best to eat hot you should have leftovers for the next day or two.” Yukie added focusing more on his shoes and leaving instructions then looking at Haven.

Haven’s jaw clenched. Haven had read countless peered reviewed papers documenting the exact phenomena that Yukie was describing — evidence that “true mates” were more than just a romantic daydream. But, if that were the case, shouldn’t Haven feel the same way? In all the papers he read it was always a two way street; the Alpha and Omega (and, occasionally, two Alphas or two omegas) were equally drawn to each other. Staring at Yukie, all Haven could feel was some amalgamation of annoyance and pity. Biology wasn’t perfect — Haven experienced that in and out of the lab — it screwed people over in innumerable ways. Clearly, biology fucked both them over: it made Haven too cold or Yukie too hot or… or something. Haven wasn’t an expert on bio or neuropsychology. “You’ll get over it,” Haven spoke with false confidence, “just find someone else to fuck around with and,” Haven waved his hand, “it will be okay.”

Haven flinched at the knock at the door. Incident? Haven’s face hardened; fuck, he had almost forgotten what kind of scummy shit this man was into. Why should he feel sympathy for Yukie? If karma was real this was only the tip of the iceberg for the other. A life and legacy of destroying others lives deserved more torture than not getting a happily ever after. Refusing to look Yukie in the eye, Haven waved him off. “Go, the food will be eaten.” 

Posted (edited)

“Alright. I’ll call you in a few days.” Yukie replied as he looked at Haven wishing he could have more than a basic goodbye as he left with his guard. While Yukie was confident the operation would run smoothly there was a chance it could go south quickly and end badly for  him. Once in the car Yukie sighed and glared at his guard. “You couldn’t have rescheduled?” Yukie asked with a huff of anger.

”He said if you missed another meeting they would consider you a traitor and the deal would be off.” Yue explained with a small sigh as he felt bad for Yukie always dealing with the shady underbelly of the country.

(we can skip days? Or whatever you want)

Edited by Yukonwolfspirit

Haven was a fan of being right. Sure, in his field of work there’s just as much if not more to learn from being wrong as there is to from being right, but the satisfaction of having his hypothesis supported never fails to get his blood rushing. As such, Haven is utterly baffled as to why he’s feeling so… so something over Yukie’s disappearance. Maybe it’s because it didn’t go exactly how Haven had predicted. Yukie had left his apartment with the promise of weekly check-ins and then, poof! Radio silence. Of course Haven knew(?) that Yukie would forget about him, but he had assumed that the loss of interest would be at least somewhat gradual. Not that Haven minded! Why would he? A sudden departure just meant one less bothersome social interaction for Haven! He wasn’t pissy and he sure as hell wasn’t sad! His family could shove it! Haven grumbled to himself as he fumbled for his keys; only pausing when he realized his front door was ajar. Fuck. Shoving open the door Haven shrieked, “The police are on their way!” to the assumed burglar.  

“Well I hope you don’t call them. That could cause more questions than I would like right now.” Yukie replied as he stood at the kitchen counter carefully cutting vegetables. Standing just as before Yukie worked in silence his body secretly heavily bandaged under his shirt. Looking over at Haven for only a moment Haven Yukie continued to cook the man having lightly cleaned the house and set up flowers and some nice wine. “I’m sorry I was gone so long. I got busy with work. I brought you some gifts though as apology.” Yukie mumbled his face red as he still felt the same rush of happiness smelling Haven again.

Haven’s brain had never short-circuited so fast. One minute he was sure that Yukie was out of his life for good and the next he’s breaking into his house for the second time! It was emotional whiplash! Emotional terrorism! It was - he was - Haven was — Haven closed his eyes and inhaled deeply; counting to ten until he could see something besides red. “Your absence was the gift” is what he finally growled out. “Breaking into my house with shit I didn’t ask for? Not so much.” He continued as he closed the door behind him. Wait. Why wasn’t he immediately kicking Yukie out? 

“Mmh glad you missed me. I almost didn’t make my flight back home.” Yukie added as he looked at Haven for a moment. “Sit, tell me what you’ve been up to while I finish cooking. I missed my check ins so I’m curious to know what you’ve been up to.” Yukie explained as he went back to the counter and set out some appetizers before going back to his cooking. “My man that was watching from afar didn’t give me more then the basic information that you where just doing normal stuff.” Yukie added his voice coated in a thick bitter annoyance as he turned off the stove and set the food down on the table before going to get the wine he brought.

“Who said anything about missing you!?” Haven squawked. “Don’t put words in others' mouths!” Haven held Yukie’s gaze for a moment before turning away in a huff. Aggressively organizing his work supplies, the younger tried to ignore Yukie’s overwhelming presence; but not even his typically soothing “get home” ritual was enough to distract him from the man roaming his kitchen like he owned the place. How could he just show up out of nowhere and pretend everything was fine? Did he not understand that such behavior would give anyone whiplash? That was the only possible explanation for why Haven’s stomach settled at the sight of him. The only reason that Haven wasn’t kicking him out. He was discombobulated. 

“A ‘man from afar’ wasn’t a part of the deal” Haven snipped as he sat by the kitchen table — not because he was told to though! It was just the place that he always sat once he got home. “If I manage to catch him I’ll chase him down.” 

“Be nice. He’s only taking over while I was away and while Yuens in the hospital. Yue is off staying with his mate so he’s not able to watch you either.” Yukie replied having felt guilty enough his two closest men had also got hurt during their ‘outing’. “I had him watching you because I would rather not see you held for ransom…and I doubt you would want the trouble or bloodshed.” Yukie added as he set down a small white bag the gift one of many. “I got you a small gift. It’s a souvenir, I was out in Russia for the last two weeks. Thought you would like it. It’s a golden trinket box and inside is a bunch of different amber rocks each containing different bugs and plants. Thought you might like it since you like science stuff, I didn’t think you would want any kinda equipment for your home.” Yukie explained as he was a touch embarrassed not knowing what Haven actually liked but he was trying.

“I apologize if it’s bad…took me days to decide when I realized I don’t know what you like…or really anything about you.” Yukie admitted as he set the food down next and sat in his own chair. The other gifts sat nicely on the couch ranging from books to clothes, to even drinks and snacks. “I’m open to learning anything you want to share with me, if it’s too soon for this step for us I can wait.” Yukie added wanting Haven to like him of his own free will since his trip since he had seen some shit.

Haven’s stomach twisted uncomfortably. Yuen and Yue… those were the two that had been watching him. Why was one of them in the hospital? Haven bit his lip; he wouldn’t allow himself to ask about them — wouldn’t allow himself to care. He refused to consider that if Yuen was hurt then that could mean that Yukie… Haven let out an annoyed huff. “Maybe they should start looking for new employment. Otherwise they might end up in a—excuse me did you just say ransom!?” Haven felt his hackles rise. “You fucker! You’ve barely known of my existence for three weeks and now there’s already talk of ransom. Ugh! This is, this is why — do you know!? It’s just” After a minute of his words failing him, Haven inhaled sharply as he pinched the bridge of his nose. “You’re putting guards on my family’s house. I don’t care if it’s not necessary or if they aren’t a target; if I’m a target then they are too. They need to be guarded by tomorrow evening at the latest” He spoke as if he was scolding a child. He slumped back in his chair before he got a response — already expecting agreement. Jesus Christ he was already exhausted. Why did Yukie have to be… so much? Haven didn’t have the emotional intelligence to deal with this shit.

“These are…” No longer willing to think about how his life was now in potential peril, Haven turned his attention to the gift placed in front of him. The box itself was rather gaudy but the amber… Haven lifted one of the resin balls to the light. “Nice. These are nice. This one might be a type of harvestmen spider— but don’t quote me on that.” God, it was like when his out of state aunts tried to give him presents; horribly awkward and endearing. Were all of the gifts like this? This was going to be a long night. “Learning about me? Good luck, I’ve been told asking me questions is like pulling teeth.” He mumbled mostly to himself as he continued to inspect the amber. Maybe this gift wasn’t as bad as the ones from his aunts.

“I’ve had their house watched since I felt this pull towards you. Just didn’t tell you to save from being yelled at. There are four of them taking shifts they moved across the street.” Yukie explained as he made himself a plate and ate a few bites before helping himself to some wine. “I didn’t mean to put you in danger. Most likely you and your family will be safe but, I’m covering all my bases. Just know if we progress as a couple…I do have a house set aside for them it’s a nice mother in law house.” Yukie explained as he ate a few more bites watching Haven inspect the amber as he tried not to snicker.

”you look so unpleased, as if I have gifted you a useless box of raisins.” Yukie added with a small chuckle as he got up and grabbed some seasoning for his food. Settling back down he thought for a moment amused that he would have a full game getting to know Haven. “Alright, why don’t I make it fun…are you even gay? Also you mentioned you had family tell me about them. Why don’t you live with them?” Yukie asked curious as to Havens life and his decisions in living away from his home.

Haven huffed. Fuck Yukie for being right — he would’ve thrown a fit if he knew his family was being watched. Now though, now it only brought him a small sense of relief. If Yukie was going to force himself into Haven’s life, then the least he could do is put some effort into it. Even if the idea of his mother living in a “mother-inlaw suite” made him cringe.

“Don’t be fucking presumptuous,” Haven sneered. “Even if we did become a… a couple — which we won’t — my mother would hate your guts almost as much as I do.” His mother, despite being the quintessential omega, had a mean right hook and a license to carry. “No mother in their right mind wants their child marrying a thug.”
Haven rolled his eyes, “Raisins are useful  — you can eat them. A few pieces of amber on the other hand…” Haven flushed as he cast another glance at the gift, “do nothing but take up space.”  He was suddenly far too eager to put away the amber that he had been playing with for the past five minutes. They really weren’t that interesting! 

“Am I gay?! You just thought to ask me that now!?!” This man really was a fucking idiot. How did he run a criminal organization with such little foresight? “You’re a real piece of work.” He grouched. But, as he thought about the question more deeply, his brows furrowed. “But, to answer your question, I mean… I’ve never been attracted to women. But I’ve also never considered dating in the first place.“

Posted (edited)

“Mmh so your father is out of the picture?” Yukie asked as he cut into his food and ate a few bites the act strange for him since he usually ate alone while working. “Well I had a hunch but never knew honestly you looked like a dead end type, one that never would settle down or is married to their work.” Yukie explained with a snicker as he sipped his wine. “My guess is your still a virgin then? Most likely on heat suppressants also? Or do you take time off for that?” Yukie asked casually as if they were discussing the weather. “I only ask so I k ow how you want to be treated or if I need to be careful coming around unannounced.” Yukie explained as he poured a glass of wine for Haven. 

Edited by Yukonwolfspirit

“Ha?! Who said anything about my father!?” Without much thought, Haven slammed his foot into Yukie’s shin. “He’s none of your business!!” Another two kicks and Haven was winded, grumbling as he leaned back in his chair. “Bring him up again and I’ll kick you out.” He grumbled as finally collected some food for himself; sniffing it hesitantly before taking a bite. Fuck. It was delicious. Haven’s eyes narrowed as he glared at the food as he took another bite. Nodding along with Yukie’s assessment — he was married to his work— Haven nearly choked on his food. 

Flushed scarlet from hacking and embarrassment, Haven couldn’t even glower at the man — hiding his face behind his hands and napkin. “How DARE you ask me such a… such a question!” The only people he had ever talked about his heats with was his mother and doctor! And now Yukie, now an alpha was asking because he planned to be around long enough… and he assumed… Haven let out a low groan. He was worse than his youngest sister when Mama gave her the talk. “I’m not… I’m not on heat suppressants.” He finally grumbled out after a few deep breaths. “They’re just very… weak. Usually I just wear extra scent blockers and I’m fine.”   

“Look, I only ask because I don’t want to be a dumb alpha and walk in and get crazy over your scent. If this is a mated attraction…I can easily take suppressants to deal with your heat smell, and my own desires.” Yukie explained with an embarrassed huff as he blushed and looked away. “I can smell your scent on me after I leave and well and…I enjoy it. Being here surrounded by your smell makes me very happy, I don’t want to hurt you because this primal side of me enjoys your smell so much. I just don’t know how I’ll react because…I’ve never been with anyone romantically. I’ve dated a lot but not many want to fuck a mob boss or stick around.” Yukie admitted as he stabbed at his food feeling overly vulnerable at the moment. “I like you a lot. I spent so long picking out so many things thinking you would like them. I want to be around you more than I am but I know in order to be accepted u must make you happy.” Yukie added as he took another sip of wine and helped himself to more.

Yes! Look embarrassed! You should be after asking something so crass! Haven internally cheered; his own mortification taking a back seat as he embraced sadistic glee. But of course it couldn’t last — Yukie had to keep talking. He had to keep saying sickly sweet things that made Haven's stomach shift. He wasn’t allowed to be so—so considerate! Yukie praising Haven’s scent wasn’t supposed to make him preen! Was this how normal people had conversations? Is this how… couples (ew) were supposed to have conversations? Everything was so raw and open and squishy. If Haven wasn’t already in his own house, he would’ve run off by now. Instead, he could only sit in his chair and pout. “The fact that you can smell me is weird in of itself.” He said while stabbing at a piece of food. “If you were anyone else, I’d tell you not to worry about it. I’d wear my scent blockers and you wouldn’t even notice the difference; none of the alphas in my lab or classes have. But, unfortunately, you are you.” Haven wrinkled his nose at that. “So I don’t know how you would react.” Haven didn’t add that he wasn’t one hundred percent sure how he would act. Typically, his heat symptoms were somewhat similar to a woman's period symptoms minus the blood. But if Yukie’s crap about being ‘soulmates’ was true (it wasn’t) then Haven wasn’t sure how his heat would change with Yukie present.

“I see maybe I should take the offer to do more testing since it’s so strange.” Yukie replied as he chuckled and shook his head a little at the idea knowing the family doctor would do it but it would be a waste of time. Eating a few more bites Yukie thought about how to respond to Havens words. It was true he didn’t know how he would react, while he wanted to believe he wouldn’t change and would just want to adore Haven. Well, he knew better. He had been around enough Alphas to hear the stories of going mad to the point of some being locked away to keep from overdoing it with their omega. “…I’m not sure what would happen at that time. I’m not willing to risk hurting you if it went south, if things became difficult.” Yukie stated as he set his fork down and sighed softly. “Let me know…just when I’m not allowed over. I’ll then test it by bringing you food but, I won’t stay. I’ll ease into it besides…I’ve never been with anyone…let alone an omega so I want to be respectful and careful until I know my limits.” Yukie added as he was careful with his words despite the horny part of his brain only wanting to experience and enjoy with most Alphas already bragged about. “I did want to ask you if you wanted to go on a date? Next weekend? It’s to an art show, and well a friends concert. I’d be happy if you could get the xxxxx days off.” Yukie asked as he gave Haven the days of the event with a small red blush having never (on his own without others setting it up) asked anyone out before.

• 3 weeks later...