Urban Legends, Superstitions, Chain Mails and Scary Ghost Stories Appreciation Thread

edgar

Hey everyone!

I've been obsessed with these kinds of stories ever since I was young so I want to know if anybody else has the same obsession as me (apart from yaoi, that is ^J^).

To start off, why don't we tell each other our favorite legend/story/superstition?

My favorite urban legend has got to be the Red Room pop up thing. Just think about what will happen to you if you close that pop up with the repeating message~~~ Or the White Lady in Balete Drive (in the Philippines). We drove there once when I was young and I didn't open my eyes for a second.

For scary stories, there was this scary story going round our class... It was about a girl who was mysteriously killed in the bathroom of the 6th grade floor of our school building. They said that that toilet was closed off because there was a bad smell of decay there even though the girl's body was already taken out. Pretty freaky if you go to a school with a haunted toilet (even if I was male and it happened in the girls' toilet just beside the boys'....).

Reading chain mails is kinda fun~~ My favorite is the 'They Pushed her' mail~~~~

And for superstitions, I've been telling my older sister that she should jump twelve times during the New Year's Eve countdown if she wants to grow taller than me~~~~

So share your favorites with everyone! ^J^

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatieMH25!

• Marygrace94

• edgar

Top Posters In This Topic

An Urban legend for me is King Arthur, Merlin and Camelot because there are plenty of myths and stories abound regarding them but scientists are still unable to say if Camelot even existed, that the city is "lost". I really hope this urban legend is true ^^

• 3 months later...