AnyOne who can speak / understand morethan 3 language?

Yakun

i think lot's here in YO can haha. .

since we have translators. . (thankies )

anyway in my case i can speak 5 language, english,japanese,tagalog, kapampangan, basic german,& few korean ,

tho i can read a bit of jap. since im having a hardtime on kanji haha

im interested in chinese language but found it difficult for me (T.T)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• Yakun

• AomineDaiki

• AceyDey

I can speak and understand 9-10 languages [without counting their dialects which I also happen to understand].

- English

- Japanese

- Chinese

- Spanish

-French

- Russian

-Bulgarian

-Croatian

-Serbian (it's close to the Slavic languages,so pretty easy for me to understand although never studied it)

-Macedonian

I can speak and understand 9-10 languages [without counting their dialects which I also happen to understand].

- English

- Japanese

- Chinese

- Spanish

-French

- Russian

-Bulgarian

-Croatian

-Serbian (it's close to the Slavic languages,so pretty easy for me to understand although never studied it)

-Macedonian

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Seriously, wow. You major in languages or something. Man, i'm full of envy right now. I'm struggling with just english LOL

when you say Macedonian?(u can't possibly mean greek right?)

No, just happened that way. Since kid my parents wanted me to speak two different languages. So I studied apart from my mother one, the other two. Once you study one Slavic language (Bulgarian, the Cyrillic) you can at least understand the rest Slavic just fine. Like Latin is the root of French,Spanish,Italian and many other languages. Just once you get the root of something,you make your way up.

You all will be surprised how similar and what history our languages have. It's a world who a few can touch, but once you touch it many things make sense. Apart from that, it trains your brain to its maximum. Per say, it works on its logic.

Anyhow, I love languages, the words have power. Power when you know how to use them, no matter the language.

No. I don't speak Greek,lol. Though I know a few words in Greek. By Macedonian I mean Slavic language.

OMFG

that is awesome! Omg, do you know how many jobs that would make you qualified for?! People who know more than 3 languages are rare these days. o_O

I wish I could understand more languages, but the thing is I know if I really wanted to, I could just learn them, but I have other priorities for now. XD

I can speak norwegian, english (obviously) and I guess I can sort of speak swedish, since it's so close to norwegian.

I can also understand and read swedish and danish. I know some japanese and korean words but I can't understand or speak the languages. XD

Does animal languages count? LOL

Umm...*gouh gouh*Now the matter with the name is really.....anyway i won't touch this part of conversation cuz i'll just get pissed(not with you),rolf!:p

Yeah, I know people with more than 3 languages are rare. Not to mention if the languages are so many and with different language group.

But, to be honest, they want certificates. I didn't study the languages to get certificates. I studied the languages from the best teachers who are already old. No, I didn't go research who is the best. Life just met me with them by chance. Like with my Japanese sensei. She just happened to be back from a trip in the town I was and my original sensei was sick. So, they have asked the first linguistic of the country (my sensei) to come and take my lesson since I was the only private student. Somehow I like to be private and away from the rest, this way I can focus better.

So she came, she was surprised how fast I learn and how I manage the language, so she offered me to come with her and turn me into her first private student. I agreed and so she taught me many things. XD She is so wise, and yet funny ;D I love her.

- - - Updated - - -

The name of what? (:

The fact that they use to call their country Republic of Macedonia but i'm sure you don't know so it's fine.:p

: Nice c;

The languages I have are English, Spanish, Norwegian, Japanese, Korean (the basics ;p ), Danish, Thai ( a little) ,Chinese, German and a little French. x3

saga-san that's awesome! . .

9-10 language , . huwaaah (^O^)

- - - Updated - - -

where's macedonia anyway? since i live in asia,.

which part? is it near in europe?

Yay I do!

I understand Hindi and Gujarati fully (speaking is a bit rusty because i know the words in my mind but taking them out of my mouth is tricky).

French but a little rusty. I can read and speak it on a basic level.

English ofc (I am British after all :p)

I speak english all the time so I rarely get any practice with the other languages but... I do know them!

Does it still count? lol

woahh that was nice most of you known morethan 5 haha. .

- huwaah you can get a lots of job and become a private translator, awesome!

I can speak and understand a lot of languages. :)) like native languages in Phillipines, Tagalog, Filipino, English, Japanese, Korean, and a little bit of Chinese. :D

Apart from my mothertongue Lithuanian I am fluent in English, know basic German (I studied that in school for 6 years but for some reason I failed at learning more). Also Japanese (I can read hiragana and katakana but I struggle with kanji). Then a little bit of Russian (can't really talk, but I understand a little). And now because it's summer I decided to get better in Japanese and learn Korean and French ^^

The languages i know are English, French, Urdu, Hindi and Arabic.

i only know some Japanese and Korean XD lol

• 2 months later...