Magic and Mystery ((RikkaTag x Akiravadel))((18+))

akiravadel

"That could change. I mean, look at Gawain." Lancelot blushed and looked off to the side. "He was just a knight I had to spend time around because my father wanted me to follow in his footsteps."

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• RikkaTag

"I know you have to hide it from him but the knights all are a little touchy feely with one another and act like their married as it is," Merlin smiled softly. "He might not notice if you two were around one another.

"You don't understand, Merlin." Lancelot frowned and sat on the bed. "My father is already searching for a bride for me. And he's set on this. Once that old man is set on something, it will be. That's how he works."

Merlin sighed with him as he sat there and ran his fingers through his hair, "well she'll need to understand you're with another. Maybe she has someone she prefer's." He sighed softly.

"It's not really that easy. Father wishes for me to sire heirs for the family line." Lancelot chuckled harshly. "Can't quite do that with a man. Let alone marry one without my father noticing."

Merlin cocked his head, "ah... well... I don't know." The brunette sighed again and looked over at his friend. "That's where it gets complicated."

"And here I thought it was complicated from the beginning." Lancelot sighed and shrugged. "It's of little importance now. I mean... Gawain probably won't be in my bed for long. I imagine he'll stop coming at some point and find a new bed to sleep in."

"You think so? He looks at you in a way I've never seen him look at some random girls," Merlin shrugged his shoulders. "I think he looks at you more than that. Even when we all... slept together he still only looked at you." He blushed a bit.

"You say that, yet you doubt Arthur could feel strongly for you." Lancelot shook his head and smiled. "You, Merlin, have yet to open your eyes. Did you figure out what the origional spell was? Find that out and you may find out what his true feelings are."

The origin? He lifted his head a bit, "no I never found out. I honestly don't know how it happened to him. Perhaps we should search his room for clues." The brunette stood and started towards Arthur's room but stopped before he even left his own. "Arthur's in there... What if he wakes up and sees up snooping?

"Why don't we start with everyone he was alone with the night before he acted different. Maybe that will narrow it down." Lancelot got up and walked out the door. "I know he spoke with Gwen and later got in a fight with Morgana. Anyone else you can remember?"

"Maybe she did it then," Merlin cocked his head. He wondered if she would do something like that to throw Arthur off for a little while. She didn't know about his own powers yet. "Or maybe a trinket in the room." He hurried down the hall with his friend.

"Wait. She? She who? Is there something you aren't telling me?" Lancelot frowned as he continued down the hall, looking around to be sure no one was listening. "Is there another magic user here? And if so... is it someone we should fear?"

Merlin glanced around then looked back at Lancelot, "Morgana..." He grit his teeth for a moment and swallowed before he spoke again. He had to let the information sink in first. "She's... she has power to rival some of my own but she has a different power than mine. I just found out about it recently."

"Morgana..." Lancelot whispered the name with wide eyes. "Is... Is she a danger? A threat?" The brunette looked to the raven with shock and worry showing on his face. "Could she have cursed him, trying to cause him ill but it went wrong?"

Merlin ran his fingers through his hair, "I don't know... I mean I do know but I don't have any proof." The brunette sighed heavily. He didn't know how to explain this situation to the other, he just found out about her not too long ago.

"Hm. We'll confront her. She won't be able to run without being found suspicious." Lancelot grabbed Merlin's hand and dragged him toward Morgana's room. He wanted to get to the bottom of this. "I can't see this spell to be evil. Unless the spell went wrong."

"W-wait Lancelot!" Merlin grabbed his wrist to stop him. "We can't just barge in there and accuse, we'll get into serious trouble. What if she doesn't use her magic and accuse us back. They'll believe her before they'll believe us. No I need a little more time to expose her."

"We need to get the bottom of this. And now. How else can we figure out what happened to him?" Lancelot shook his head and grinned. "Besides, we can use your magic to get her to talk."

"I'm not using my magic against her like that," Merlin shook his head. "I don't want her to know... no one else can know. It's bad enough with you knowing and Gawain. You'll already be in enough trouble. If Arthur discovers she has magic and was using it against him he'll be completely against me if he finds out."

• 3 weeks later...

Lancelot huffed and threw his arms up. "Merlin, just think. This could be our only way. Maybe we could tell her how he's been behaving. Then she could help us."

"Our only way..." Merlin rubbed his hands over his face then looked to Lancelot. "Fine we can explain it up the moment and I mean the moment she starts getting irritated we need to leave. Don't mention her magic... we'll need to step around the conversation."

Lancelot sighed and nodded in admission. Wasn't much else he could do. "Alright. Then let's get it over with. That way Arthuur can be our wonderful king once again. You know, the one we all cherish for his kindness." The knight put in a bit of effort to smile and pat the mage's shoulder. "We've got this."

Merlin looked down. He didn't feel better about this, in fact he felt terrible. Sighing he followed Lancelot to her room. How were they going to go about having this conversation? Merlin was outspoken for a servant but going to her room with the knowledge he had made him uncomfortable.

Lancelot kept in step with Merlin as he contemplated how to broach the subject. He knew there were many ways to go about it, but the best way he could think of was to throw her off her game and play on her feminine side, as the other knights would call it. Once they reached the door to Morgana's room, the knight put a hand out to stop the mage before knocking himself. He planned to protect Merlin incase things went wrong.