Magic and Mystery ((RikkaTag x Akiravadel))((18+))

akiravadel

Lancelot gripped Gawain's arm tightly and frowned. "Gawain? What is he talking about?" The knightt glanced between the two circling the table and tensed up. He wasn't sure what was going to happen next and he wanted to trust the other knight, but this looked extreme.

"And I suppose you don't have a clue?" The blonde slammed his hands pn the table and leaned over it, growling. "Was it so fun to see my reactions to you that you thought faking your own would make me puddy? I am not some peasant that would fall for your tricks."

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• RikkaTag

Gawain tensed watching the two men and jumped at the slam on the table. He clenched his hands into fists, "he thinks Merlin faked their sex and relationship." He looked to Lancelot with a frown.

Merlin jumped but clenched his hands by his side's, "I didn't fake anything! Apparently I was in love with you before you...jumped me and that just made things more complicated!" He turned red and trembled. "Like I could fake something like that! I had a hard enough time keeping my magic from you."

"What?! Why would he think that, Gawain?" Lancelot turned a glare to the taller knight and crossed his arms. "What did you do?" The brunette was too frustrated with his lover to even ask the bugger question. Why would the king care? He was much more focused on the fact that the nlonde was mad about something he obviously didn't put in hison head.

Arthur glared at Merlin and leaned forward. "Well, you fooled me for five years with that. I think you are capable of anything. You already proved your capability to mess with my memory." He spoke at anrmal volume but the anger behind it was very obvious. "Why should I believe anything you say?"

Gawain pointed to the king, "well I just said perhaps was faked but he took it way out of proportion and- Wait this means he cares!" He turned to look at him stunned. "That means he does care!"

Merlin looked at Arthur and stood straight he looked at the other man and walked over to him standing in front of him, "you won't listen to anything that comes out of my mouth. You're a proving your loyalty kind of man. Let me prove to you. I've kept you from getting poisoned, stabbed and so many other things for the past five years. Why would I enchant you now? Just... let me somehow prove it to you and maybe it's my destiny to die by your hands now but..." He reached forward asking for Arthur's hand. "Please don't hate me..." Tears were forming in his eyes as he stood there shaking. This mage, this man with magic wasn't yelling, wasn't angry, wasn't trying to deny or hurt him. He was just Merlin who fell in love with his King.

"Don't change the subject! Gawain, you have put Merlin in dan-" Lancelot was ready to go on a tirade with Gawain when the other's words sunk in. Okay, so he tried very hard to convince Merlin it was possible, but he hadn't truly believed it himself. "Oh my dear lord.... Arthur! Merlin, this proves he cares! Can't you two see it? I can't believe I didn't rrealize... he cares..."

"Shut up, you two unloyal.... unloyal... tarts!" Arthur sent a glare toward Lancelot and Gawain before turning back to Merlin. He didn't want to hear any foolishness at the moment. "Merlin, you used magic against me! How do I know you didn't wipe my memory of anything you've done? My father always said those with magic could not be trusted... And you expect me to be fine with this? Why not just erase my memory?"

Gawain glared the Arthur and gripped his hands in tight fists wanting to punch him badly. He was never unloyal unless someone betrayed him. He would stand behind Lancelot before Arthur but that was besides the point.

"Because even though you're a prat," Merlin dropped his hand away without touching him and looked up at those blue eyes he loved to see. "I love you. I don't want your memories gone. I don't want you hurt. I want you as King being yourself and me here taking care of you like I've always been. If you honestly don't want me near you'll have to... get rid of me. If you honestly hate me then you'll have to burn me like the rest because I will be here to protect you and make sure your destiny takes place." Trembling he took a deep breath. "I could show you the wonders of magic... how I can help. I will never, never betray you Arthur."

Lancelot gripped Gawain's arm tightly as he held bac, the best he could, his pain. He had done nothing, but strive to be the man his father approved of and to continue the family tradition. He felt so lost. The one time he falls in love with someone and knows they have no reservations... he's being called disloyal. His world solely depended oon loyalty and determination. The smaller knight tightened his grip and shook his head. "No..."

Arthur stared Merlin down and thought over his words beefore huffing. Somewhere in his gut, a part of him wanted to trust him wholeheartedly. Wanted to keep the mage close. These feelings feltstrange to him, but far from foreign. "Merlin, you are just a sservant... a magic weilding servant who kept that important fact from me. Someone I trusted. Someone I depended on. What are you expecting from me now that I found your dirty little secret?"

Gawain turned to Lancelot not feeling the sting as bad from the others words, "he's just angry, don't take it to heart." He reached down and held his lovers hand. "It's okay." He tried to comfort him as best as he could at the moment.

Merlin looked Arthur dead in the eyes, "that was why I couldn't tell you. Who you are Arthur. I wanted to tell you so many times but... every mage you come across you kill. I was afraid for my life. Five years ago when we met and I saved you from being killed by that other woman who was a mage, the only reason I reached you in time was because I used my magic. I saved you that day and several days after but if I turned to you that day and told you. You would have had me killed."

Lancelot looked up at Gawain and frowned as he nodded. His head. He didn't want to believe Arthur thought so little of him, but he also understood the feeling of hurt the other was feeling. "Gawain... Don't ever keep something serious from me."

"So, I should just trust that you won't cause harm as all others have? I am king! I am here to protect my people from anything that ia threatenong." Arthur pushed off the table and stormed across the room to look out a window. "You want me to trust you blindly after this? Knowing what you've kept from me all this time?"

Gawain looked at Lancelot, "why would I keep anything from you?" He reached over touching his cheek. "Don't worry." He smiled to him and nodded his head. The brunette never felt the need to keep secrets from people unless it was a good reason, usually a party.

Merlin looked to Arthur, "I don't expect you to ever trust me again but..." He turned to Arthur and swallowed hard. "There is... there is a necklace and ring that will... control me." He played with his hands feeling nervous about saying this. "It's in the archives under the castle. In that tomb. Place the necklace on me and I can't remove it. You wear the ring and I can not harm you... you can cease my spells with it if you wish..."

"I'm just saying to be clear. I will trust you on anything, so there is no reason to hide anything." Lanceloy sighed and leaned into Gawain. He knew he could relax knowing this man stood beside him. "Thank you... for everything."

Arthur grumbled and shook his head, turning back to face Merlin. "Control you? What are you saying? How could I trust you if I'm the one making you do as I say?" The blonde glared at the mage and threw his hands up. "That's like saying the pig flew cause. i threw it across the mudpit."

Gawain held his lover in his embrace and kissed the top of his head, "don't worry. I'll only keep surprise parties for you from you." He chuckled softly.

"Well if it would make you feel more comfortable, since I'm such a terrible person to keep my secret from you since you would have had me burned to death before knowing me. Plus saving your life which obviously I shouldn't have wasted my time," Merlin was upset now. He looked to Arthur. "If it'll keep you from having me... Then let's go get it."

"No... I don't like surprises." Lancelot frowned and looked up at Gawain. He always worried he wouldn't like a surprise and the people who threw it would be disappointed. He didn't want that. Especially not Gawain. His feelings for the taller knight seemed to grow fast. It made him wonder if the feelings weren't there to begin with.

"Oh now look who's being mature." Arthur growled as he started to pace the room in a huff. Merlin didn't understand his feelings in the least. It was allabout the raven's feelings. The blonde refused to allow this. "I would never rely on magic tainted items to have some makeshift trust. That's just stupid."

Gawain chuckled and kissed Lancelot on the lips, "no worries love. I'll tell you about your nice party." He pulled the other into a hug. "You don't seem like the partying type of guy so I'll just have to have our own little party." Winking at him he then leaned in kissing him again.

"Then what would make you happy Arthur?!" Merlin rubbed the back of his arm across his eyes trying to wipe away the tears that were falling. "Please just... please let me make this right!" He knew he always seemed to cry easily, but he was a sensitive guy.

Lancelot smiled as he kissed the other knight back. He didn't mind the idea of a private party at all. "You promise it'll be just you and me?"

Arthur grumbled as he threw his hands up and spun to face Merlin. "I don't know! Maybe there isn't a way! I mean... come on, Merlin, you are a servant with magic working in a kingdom that sees magic as it's enemy. Only the king could coerse the people to see it another way."

"And some nice oils," Gawain chuckled and wrapped his arm around his waist. Leaning in he kissed his neck ready fr another round with him already. "Perhaps we should bathe first. We've both had a full day."

Merlin stood there in silence for a long moment, unsure of what to say in response to the others comments. He looked down at the ground feeling a little ashamed of his powers at the moment.

Lanvelot blushed and slapped a hand over Gawain's mouth. "Hey! Focus right now. Merlin and Arthur got quiet." He turned his gaze on the two and chewed his bottom lip. "Arthur, you are king... I mean.. you could be the voice of reason in a world of fear and hate."

"Lancelot, why don't you mind your business?" Arthur sent a glare to the two lovers. He hadn't been able to block them out as well as they seemed to have blocked him out. It was bugging him when he thought of what he walked in on just tjhe other morning wth them and Merlin. He assured himself it wasn't jealousy that he felt. "Merlin, you need to realize the severity of the situation. The people fear and hate magic. It's all they know to feel toward magic."

Gawain looked over at the other two and frowned at Arthur, "maybe it's time for people to learn to not fear magic? Yes of course fear certain people with magic but there are also back leaders and bad people with swords. There are assassins and evil people everywhere, it just happens you've had bad experiences with magic. I trust Merlin with my life. Just the fact that he has magic makes this all the more real. I mean he does chores with them."

Merlin turned a little red as his secret of doing his chores was revealed, "well... yeah well..." He cleared his throat. "I would like to prove my innocence and help you Arthur. I'm not going to be that mage who will link you to people from your past, or build an army or even kill people with it. I use it to protect you and help others. Remember when your father was terribly ill and dying and you thought there was nothing but Gaius's herbs to help him? That was me. I saved a man who if he realized what I was would have killed me without a second thought."

"He's right. Fear is not what the people need. It's hope." Lancdlot stepped forward as he pointed at Merlin. "He can be that hope, Artthur. You are our king and for that, we can only feel happiness, but what about the hope of our future?" The brunette gestured to Gawain as he continued. He was on a roll now. "What if Gawain, one of your top and most loyal knights, fell ill but no human cure had bren found? What if magic was the only cure? Would you watch him die? Or admit the promise of magic and let someone loyal and trustworthy save him?"

Arthur frowned as he turned away from them. He hated that his mind was actually considering their worsds. He hated that he was actually considering trusting this servant. "What of the magic that was cast upon me? The magic that... that mad me lose myself?"

Gawain nodded his head in agreement then worried that Arthur might say he was better off dying. When he didn't and said something else he let out the air he was holding. He was honestly worried he would choose his death over magic use.

"That wasn't supposed to happen," Merlin shook his head. "It was a simple dispel, I think who enchanted you put a hex on you too so if I tried to dispel it then it would then cause a problem. It's honestly a common thing some mages use. Even the drag-" He coughed several times as if he were choking but he caught himself about talking freely about the dragon. "Even the older books I read agreed."

Lancelot pat Gawain's arm and smiled at him reassuringly. He understood the tension he felt from the other. If this were King Luther, then it would be no question. He would choose death. But that was the hope he banked on. This was Arthur, not Luther. He only hard the stories of his mother's fall from magic. He hadn't been old enough to know what had happened back then. "Merlin was just as lost and confused. He was just as eager to cure you as we were. In his panic, he tried to dispel it as he realized his ferlings griowing stronger for you."

"Is this true, Merlin? Were your feelings growing stronger for me?" Arthur looked the mage in the eyes as he regarded the man before shrugging. "Nevermind... the point is, I was referring to the spell you were trying to dispel. Why cast it if you don't want it? If you hadn't made my mind become foggy, then you never would have needed to dispel it."

Merlin looked down unable to answer Arthur's question about his feelings but then felt the need to defend himself at the same time, "I didn't enchant you. Lancelot talked sense into me. I was afraid of putting you back to normal after we... did things. You were going to be very mad and probably send me out so I took a chance to fix you only thanks to the hex making it worse, but it looks like you are free of it..." Which meant it was Morgana! He stared at Arthur with an open shocked mouth for a moment. He then looked to Lancelot but couldn't say it in front of Arthur.

Gawain realized Merlin was putting pieces together so he decided to change the subject, "Merlin could stop talking about you! He's so in love with you he saved you with his magic even if you would hate him afterwards!"

Merlin turned bright red and looked at Arthur with those bit brown eyes, "I-I-I-w-well I... um... I..."

"You fancy him little mage," Gawain chuckled as Merlin seemed to shrink down a little wanting to hide away.

Arthur blushed as he glared at his knight. "You seem to be trying to put that in everyone's head. Why are you pushing us together?" The blonde avoided eye contact with Merlin to keep most of the embarrassment at bay. "If it wasn't you, Merlin? Then who was it? That means there is another magic user right under my nose and I must deal with it accordingly."

"Oh. Shut up, Arthur." Lancelot rolled his eyes as he gestured to the two of them. "You obviously like each other, with or without the curse. Just get the pike out your ass and look at each other. You are more ooey gooey than me and Gawain. I should know. I see you two together every day. No, you don't jump each other's bones or anything, but you two just have these random intimate laughs and jokes. Or something you want to say and you lean in real close to do it."

Gawain chuckled as he looked to the king. His lover was right they needed to take a look at each other, "just look at each other. Look each other in the eyes and honestly tell me you don't have feelings for each other. You're jealous, scared of rejection and hurt but in order to fix this you two need to talk it out and start over."

Merlin knew he was right, he was just afraid. Afraid the other was going to reject him and send him away. Slowly his eyes trailed up to look to Arthur's wondering if he was going to meet his gaze.

Arthur opened his mouth to argue the point when Lancelot walked over, grabbed his face and turned it to meet Merlin's gaze. "Look, Arthut. Before, I would feel jealous of you two together. Now... now I truly see it for what it is. I was jealous of the love between you two. Now, I can feel it when I look at Gawain. I will always love Merlin but for him, I will never be you. Just as no one else could hold a candle to Merlin in your reyes. The one person in your life that is limitlessly loyal and caring in nature toward you. The one who thinks only of you and can lay his head down at night knowing you are safe."

Arthur swallowed hard and wet his lips as he met the ravven's eyes. He couldn't honestly deny his inner most feelings. Especially when they brought it all to light. This man before him was the only for sure thing in his life. The most loyal and hard working, eager to please person in his life.