Help stop transgender discrimination and suicide..

italics

I just read an article about fox news discriminating against transgender people. :( What was most striking about it to me was the statistic I didn't hear, even though it should be shown to everyone. Transgender individuals have a suicide rate of 40% where as suicide rate of non-trans people is at 1.2%. I wanted this number to be brought up.. I never have wanted to hug my transgender friends more now and let the know how much I love them. I suppose I just didn't think about it since transgender people are just people in my eyes. Let's all help them feel the same about themselves! So yes, hug your transgender friends and let them know how much they mean to you.. Also, maybe check out the article and petition against fox news. I don't watch fox news for various reasons, but apparently they have been targeting the trans community and ANY kind of discrimination is wrong.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Anyone want to add anything, please feel free! Together we can change the world.. even if it's just letting the trans members on here know how much we care about them.

:hamtaro-005 (23):

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• italics

• Dai

• Marygrace94

• 〜キキ〜

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the heads up

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I've never known about that immense suicide rate among transsexuals. People should really stop bullying each other. I think it would be interesting to have a statistic that would show how many suicides are caused by bullying of any kind.

I hate that society is such as to cause people so much grief. I love that things are getting better, but they need to get faster better!

:_red_fox 18

*Hugs all the transgenders on the board*

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately because of the importance we place on gender in our society the very nature of gender dysphoria can be quite depressing... I think that if we really want to reduce that 40% stat we'll have to do more than just accept gender dysphora as a real issue; we'll have to rethink gender as a whole ( although I don't see this happening anytime soon... =[ )

• 2 weeks later...

people should really learn to accept other people for who and what they really are.. if they are transgender and other sorts, leave them be. we do not have the right to judge them and discriminate them,. the article really shows that people really are arrogant, not only towards transgenders and other sorts but also to other stuff.. people really want to sink their nose up to almost everything thing.. just learn to accept things.. this is actually a big issue in our society today.,