Prisoner of War {Private} {b.lueeyes and jahero}

b.lueeyes

Alecxander gave a long sigh and brushed his hair from his eyes, turning back to the King, taking a moment to look him over. He was indeed a looker. Tall, blonde, and those eyes... they were kind, but intense. It was like he was hiding something at every moment. And...he was intelligent, and for a Corteza, he had morals. And he loved dogs... So...perhaps he could fall for this man. "I think...it is getting a bit late."

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jahero

• b.lueeyes

Kota had almost fallen asleep him self before he heard Alec's voice. " What? oh your right , right" Kota moved to get on his feet and gentle grabbed Alec's hand once more to lead him out of the garden and back to the castle. The city at night was cold. There were fire lamps lighting the streets, guards walking along with there dogs, watching the streets.

To say he was surprised by the sudden movement was an understatement, but he stumbled after the man anyway, his hand clasped firmly in his grip. The prince, when they exited into the cold streets, gave a deep sigh of happiness. The air was cool and easy against his skin, familiar even, despite the different scents it carried. Yet, very subtly, his shoulders relaxed.

"Come to think of it, the city is better for you at night. Safe from the people for now anyhow, and safe from our sun. " Kota looked back at Alec. " lets get you to the castle then" Kota sad smoothly. " But just watch for the guards. They like to medial and its kind of fun to see if we can make it with out there finding us" Kota smerked

"Yeah, I guess you're right," He spoke in reply, smiling very slightly. The climate here was strange and horrible, and there was no way he would ever enjoy or remotely be content with hot weather, yet still. He could deal with the night. He was tugged on, and his eyes widened at the claim. The King was going to try and sneak past the castle guards? Alecxander's lips tugged up into the very slightest of smiles. It sounded like something his father would have done; the old man was a sucker for adventure and mischief. "Alright then...let's do this."

"Mars Jupiter, go home" Kota commanded the Dogs whom only look at each other then back at Kota. " Go I say" he repeated again and with a few cries the boys started off home. Kota shifted Alec's hand and moved behind a few buildings. " Okay i need you to look behind us for the guards, ill look in front"

"Fine by me," he replied, instantly sinking into the slightly lower stance he always did when hunting. He took a deep breath, moving up onto the balls of his feet, the slight heel of his boot coming off the ground. He squeezed his hand slightly and nodded. "I'll do that if I see one."

Kota smiled in agreement and he slowly turned to see if there were any guards. They carried torches to light there way, there dogs smelling the ground for fresh smells. " Watch them dogs, Alecxander. They maybe pups but there are some good breed dogs" Kota said with a grin. He was having a great time now.

"Ah, I know dogs, Kota; ones better than them, I can assure you," he replied, moving close behind him, his light hair fluttering slightly in the breeze. "Trust me, I am used to avoiding wolves."

Kota looked back at The prince. " I will have to look in on the" his smile look slightly evil and he bounced then over to the next few house. Now in the middle market, there was a group of guards talking it out

Alecxander squeezed his hand. "Your way, three of them plus pups," he murmured, turning his back to Kota's as he looked around. "Left or right?" He asked, turning his shoulder towards him with a hushed tone. This was actually getting rather fun; going through the streets, sneaking around.

"Let me see. " Both routes were being blocked. Kota looks on the ground to find a good sized rock and throw in down the street into a venders booth, make a load 'crack' the dogs went nuts and ran down the noise, the guards following them. Kota squeezed Alec's hand " left left" he said " damn your right" kota let slip out. as they ran to the left

Alecxander gave a quick, airy chuckle and clutched his hand as he broke into a run. He had always been swift, and he pushed just a little bit ahead of Kota, despite the fact that he had no idea where they were going. "Where to?" He breathed as they came to the end of the right/left hand corridor (it was indeed confusing being back to back like that).

"Just go were the guard are not" he whispered up to Alec as Kota was watching out for any other guards. His heart was racing as they ran. This was the most fun he has had in over 7 years. (( IKR))

Turning his head left and right, he spotted a troop of two guards with a single, tough looking dog between them to the left and squeezed his hand, turning right, gracefully slipping down a slightly narrower alleyway. "Then follow me," He said after a moments thought. Alecxander honestly had no idea where they were going or where he was leading them, but it was fun wither way.

Kota followed with easy, they went left and right, right and left and down old back road that hadnt seen in years until they ended up in the grave yard of the royal family. Kota hadnt noticed it a first. He started to laugh as he patted Alec on the shoulders. " WE DID IT!* he laughed between breaths.

Staring up at the King, he himself broke out into a laugh, pushing some of his hair back from his eyes, just a little breathless from the run. He nodded and looked around, his smile slowly fading as he realised just where they were. "Kota..." He breathed, pulling his shoulders back. "Is this..."

Kota stopped laughing slowly and looked around like Alec had. His eyes went wide and his knees went weak a bit, he almost fell into Alec, using him to hold himself up. " This...this is the....her...grave" Kota said softly looking around at the statues that stood around them. He stumbled to move forward into the graveyard.

Reaching out, he shifted to hold him up, gripping around his shoulders to hold him up yet still stumbling somewhat. He was surprised, and he showed it, turning halfway to keep the king standing. "I-I, what?" He stuttered, looking slightly up at the King of Cortez and he seemed so...confused, and shot down. "Whose grave?"

"My mothers" Kota said stopping to look back at Alecxander before heading into the deepness of the graveyard. There were graveyards everywhere. Statues broken, the place was over grown with weeds. Kota recalled the place as a boy, but was told it was taken down, along with his mother grave. His father had said that, There was no space for it anymore. Kota could understand how come she couldn't be barred with the rest of the family - why she was barred here with the less important royals. His father throwing her away like trash. Kota slowly made his way to her grave, it was covered in moss, and the body of the last flower he had placed there as a boy. Her stone he had also made, his father didnt want her to have one. Wanted her hidden from the world,

The prince stumbled to follow him, taking a little bit to keep up, jogging just a bit after him, having let him go in the shock. "K-Kota, what-?" He stopped as he spotted the King standing before a grave, his breath stopping short as he took in the sight of this place. It was run down and horribly taken care of...just what was it to warrant such disuse and dismissal? No grave in all of Arka had that care...even their worst criminals bodies were cared for, burnt and scattered over the ice and snow. "Kota..." he murmured, reaching out to place a hand on his shoulder.

Kota felt as if his heart had stopped beating, he almost jumped when Alec touched him, in which he quickly spun around, but on noticing his friend standing at his shoulder he relaxed a little. " The grave you see before you Is my mother. Murdered by my father and throw away like a curse or plague. He killed her Alecxander; and I could do nothing to save her from him" Kota reviled to him

The prince of Arka simply stood there, his hand half detracted like he had been trying to touch a wild animal, his eyes bright and blue in what little light there was, staring at the king with a revering, shocked gaze that he did not simply show at any time. That was a story that he had not heard before; no, it was not a story he had heard at all. There was no talk of the queen, only of the King, and his assassination. Other than that, he had indeed heard of his cruelty, his horrors...it was what had led him to believe that Corteza were evil, when he was young.

"Kota..." he murmured, shaking his head. "I'm sorry..."

A drop of blue left Kota's green eye as he spoke, reaching over his shoulder to find Alecxanders hand and holding it for a moment befor he let go and bent down to tend to the grave of his beloved mother. He cleared the weeds from around her stone, removing the dead flowers and mushroom the grew over her. After he was done you could just make out the writing carved into the rocky head stone.

" My Mother " poorly written " I am sorry" The words on the head stone hit Kota hard. A sad ending to a wonderful day. He wanted to just curl up and cry, something he wasnt about to do even back then as a young boy.

Alecxander stared down at the headstone, something rising in his throat. It was a child's writing, clearly; it was a rather bad carving as well, to be honest, but it had been done out of love, that much was clear. He himself had been little more than thirteen when his mother had died of pneumonia after a hunting trip. He had sat by her bedside for two weeks, watching her deteriorate, and in the end she had been burnt and scattered over the highest glaciers. It had been a simple service, he and his father, as his brothers were fickle and to tell the truth could have cared less. He felt his throat clench up and cleared his throat, stopping himself at the thought of it.

He stood behind the king, his eyes soft. "It's....it is alright to cry, you know." he whispered, thinking of how his tears had flowed on that day, meeting the ground in the icy blizzard and flying away just like the ashes over the edge. "I...of all people I won't judge you."