its hard to start over when the past still haunts you ((18+)) ~ Nyuchanxx and azuneko

Nyuchanxx

Toma smiled and nods. "He lets his twin interview people. Though the boss is like a child in a candy store. As long as you do your work and don't cause trouble you'll never have to worry. He's a real laid back kind of guy. Plus there's rumor that he's into guys which is why no women work here. I think its just rumor but who knows." he said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Akise smiled a bit hearing what the other had to say. "I see... Well I am not all too sure how to feel about this. I am glad Ryoko can smile so happily. Just not sure why he smiles because of me." he said tilting his head and closing his eyes. He really didn't have much confidence despite the way he acts on the surface. Akise was always questioning everything he did and how others reacted around him. Even his family were under question in his mind. It wasn't like he suspected anyone of anything. He just always was curious why.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azuneko

• Nyuchanxx

• SCAR

Ryoko chuckled "ok then we'll add long as he doesn't make any advances on me I don't mind! So what about yourself? Have you got a girlfriend?" He asked cautiously, he would assume the man did, he seemed like a nice guy and he wasn't bad looking, not that Ryoko cared that much but he wanted to have someone to talk to in this place and Toma seemed nice. Not that first impressions were normally correct.

__

Hiroyuki look at Akise frowning. "Why say that? It's because he loves you. I have never seen him act like that with anyone before now, not that I can speak for him but I think he feels at ease around you, he let's his guard down so to speak. None of his words are guarded or calculated. Near you he just says what he thinks. It's nice to see he can relax with someone." He smiled "don't devalue how much you mean to him."

"Heehee... Good luck with that. Your good looking so don't be surprised if it happens." he said jokingly. Toma glanced to the side. "I don't have anyone in particular that I am going out with. No one fits into my likes and those who do normally don't like me." he said with a light chuckle. "For now I focus on work so I don't realize how lonely I am." he said as the elevator doors open. "This is the floor we work on. Its huge so try not to get lost."

Akise looked at Hiroyuki. "You can say that and I've noticed it myself. Ryoko does seem to have an immense amount of trust for me that he doesn't give others around him. I honestly hate that. I won't tell him that though. I'm sure it'll crush him. I don't know why but I don't find much to like about myself and it pisses me off that others can when I can't." he said standing up. "Oh well. I guess I continue to hate myself a little more each day like normal."

Ryoko was slightly surprised at what the man said, he found it hard to believe that such a forward guy couldn't find a partner. That had always been his problem after all. Most people avoided him because he wouldn't trust them. As the elevator door opened Ryoko couldn't help but gasp. It really was huge, much bigger than the small company he had worked for before. Carefully he asked "so... Where is the heads office?" He was a little to stunned to say anything else he couldn't believe any of this it was completely insane, such a huge company.

__

Hiroyuki looked sadly at Akise "I think that is what he used to think I spent ages trying to get that thought out of his head but failed. If you ask my opinion its because he cared too much what others thought, I guess when he met you he realised the only person he cared what their opinion was is you. Just think on it...." He trailed off "sorry I guess it is none of my business really."

Toma chuckled at Ryoko's reaction. "The head office? You mean the boss? That's the only door on this floor that's red and gold. He enjoys standing out in a crowd. Most of the time this place is empty with only a few faces since many enjoy working from home. Its packed when deadlines are close and everyone needs to finish. Its rare but it happens from time to time." Toma said with a smile

Akise glanced at Hiroyuki. "Its fine. I just wanted to talk after all. I didn't mean to bring the mood down. Why don't we walk on the beach. It'll clear the tense air in here. Plus you might be able to help me find a sea shell." he said changing the subject. He had a feeling it was his kindness and vague indifference that caused Ryoko to focus on him. He never showed much interest in people before this. Ryoko is the first person to capture his attention a way that he craved. Maybe it wasn't all so pointless. Akise was just living day by day without much purpose. It changed the day he let Ryoko stay with him. 'Was it because he was hurt or that he gave off that lonely expression..' Akise thinks back on that day in front of the hospital. Either way; his way of feeling completely empty had somehow lessen. "Hiroyuki, can I tell you a secret?" he asked

Ryoko chuckled "maybe it wasn't so different from his previous company after all. Every one rushed into work as soon as deadlines were close there to, it helped people focus, although saying that when it happened nobody slept either most people just worked 24/7 as deadlines approached. "Well I better go introduce myself." He smiled "I just hope I am not good type!" Laughing he made his way towers the door. His nerves jumped but he kept his expression clear.

__

Hiroyuki inspected Akise "well you can if you want to, I won't tell." He smiled encouragingly at the male not quite believing he was about to be trusted with a secret, it had been an awfully long time since such a thing had happened. Even his old boyfriend hadn't trusted him but then why should the male have, back then he didn't want to involve his boyfriend in all the crap that surrounded him. It was protection not that he saw it that way.

Toma smiled as he watched Ryoko head towards the doors. "I'll wait here for you." he said giving him the thumbs up. Inside the office, the boss was sitting on his desk throwing paper airplanes about. He glanced at the door upon realizing his new employee was there. "Come on in!" he said eager to meet him. After all Akise did help Ryoko get interviews for the places he applied for.

Akise smiled as he leans close to Hiroyuki's ear. "You can't tell Ryo but I hope you'll become my friend." he said before standing up. "Together we can keep a smile on that face of his. I know you are only here for a while but even so I still would like that." he said cheerfully. Akise didn't make friends easily. Aso was a fluke in itself as there were circumstances that caused such a friendship to develop. This would be the first friendship he started up on his own. Though he wasn't sure if the other would agree.

Ryoko raised an eyebrow as he narrowly dodged a flying plane. "Good morning, I'm Takayuki Ryoko. Pleased to meet you." He approached the male at the desk bowing respectfully to his superior. Although he was a little confused as to what was going on. This man seemed a little too laid back to be the head but then again he wouldn't be a programmer really more likely he knew how to make profit and handle the accounts.

__

Hiroyuki smiled as he heard the male whisper against his ear. "I would like that too." He wanted so much to have a friend at the moment, it was hard to survive by yourself especially in his work and ryoko wasn't exactly the friend he could talk to, when it came down to it Ryoko was his ex.

Standing from the sofa he said "so come on how about that walk and we can chat some more."

The man glanced up seeing Ryoko enter his office. He smiled as he stood to shake his hand. "No need to look so nervous. I won't bite. Well from your interview and resume' your beyond qualified for this position. I do hope you'll do well here and make this company proud to have you on board." he said before going back towards his desk and picking up a folder. "Here's your first assignment. You'll have a week to complete it. Do your best, Mr. Takayuki." he said before going to pick up the paper plane.

Akise looked at Hiroyuki and smiled. He nods his head as he walked over towards the door. "Yeah lets go take that walk. Though first I need to change." he said as he was only wearing the pants and shirt he put on last night. Going upstairs, he walked into the room and began changing. Glancing in a mirror his smile instantly faded. He really couldn't go topless anymore. Softly sighing he changes into something more comfortable and returns downstairs. "Ready to go?"

Taking the folder Ryoko opened it and flicked through it nodding. Snapping it shut he smiled at his boss "all looks ok, I shall get it done as quickly as I can." Pausing for a moment before he asked "is there anything else I need to know or shall I get star it on with this?" He asked, he had a feeling this would be easy. It was just fixing a bug in some new software and it was only because the higher up programmers didn't have the time. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to fix the code he thought.

__

Once the other male had left hiroyuki began folding up his used sheets laying them neatly across the arm of the sofa before he searched through his own clothes that he had brought yesterday and pulled them on. Placing his hand into the pocket of his previous trousers he pulled out what resembled a pen knife although he knew it was more than something that simple. Swinging it around his little finger, flicking it more harshly it extended into a long thing blade nearly an arm in length. Ignoring the blade Hiroyuki inspected onside the casing checking its contents were all still intact and in working order...they were. Smiling to himself he moved his hand in a technical way, the blade slide inwards before the now handspaned sized item was placed in his pocket. He sat waiting for Akise.

The male looked at Ryoko. "Hmm, there isn't anything more. Your good to go. Just have that done within the time limit or else. If your in need of more time then call ahead of time and request so. Tardiness won't be tolerated. Other than that you are ready to go." he said as he started cutting out paper dolls. The man was truly childish. Just then a knock came to the door and a man entered. Surprisingly he looked exactly like the one behind the desk. This was the man who had interviewed Ryoko. "Ah I see your here today. Welcome to our company. I expect great things from you, Ryoko." he said with a smile.

Akise walked down towards Hiroyuki. He then went to the door and opened it. "Lets go! I really wish to find a pretty looking sea shell today." he says before walking outside. He let the light breeze hit his cheeks before opening his eyes a bit more. The day was lovely especially after all its rain yesterday. He wished his birthday could have been today. Then it would have been worth celebrating more.

Ryoko nodded respectfully to the man that entered "thank you sir." he replied formally before excusing himself and walking out the office, folder in hand. Shutting the door he sighed relaxing a little more before looking around again for Toma. He wanted to know if there was a certain amount of office hours required per week or month.

__

Hiroyuki followed Akise outside shutting the door behind him. "Akise i have been meaning to ask...your eyes are they contact lenses?" he was really curious few people chose t wear different coloured contacts but actually it looked pretty cool. Well actually Hiroyuki couldn't help but think it was really cute on Akise.

Toma was by a small water fountain getting himself a drink. He glanced back surprised to see Ryoko all in one piece. "Hey so how did it go? Did everything work out for you?" he asked with a cheerful grin. He had a feeling things went well since the other didn't come running out the office or had the look of disappointment on his face. This was a nice feelings.

Akise blinked a bit as he looked at him. "No. I am suppose to be wearing some but I forgot. Ryo wanted to hide them so he'd be the only one to see. So don't let him realize I forgot them. Though it surprises me you both didn't say anything yesterday. As it was like this then too." he said with a giggle.

Ryoko laughed "Well i nearly got impaled on a flying paper plane but other than that i survived it all!" he joked "I reckon I'll be more aware of the danger of death next time I go in there!" H laughed some more too amused to realise he had only just met this man and he had no idea how he might react.

__

Hiroyuki nodded "Yep that sounds like Ryoko though I am surprised he actually asked that of you normally he is unwilling to ask any sort of favour, to be honest I didn't really notice yesterday the light was too dark and most of the time you were fast asleep." He smiled remembering how Akise had fallen asleep on his former boyfriend on the sofa. Elbowing the male friendly in the side he joked "You two looked so cute, I totally just wanted to put little cat ears on the both of you!" he laughed as he bent down to remove his shoes and socks as they came onto the sand of the beach. wriggling his toes in the sand he smiled. It felt so fresh and free on the beach.

Toma chuckled as he listened. "Oh my! Those things are dangerous. You better protect your face and eyes. Its more dangerous than paper balls." he said smiling. He found the other to be hilarious. "So now that you survived the dangers of the boss's office, do you have any questions that I might be able to help with?" Toma asked with a smile.

"I asked him since he was giving me that look. I was surprised too that he admitted he really wanted to be the only one to see my eyes. It was sweet." he said softly. Akise was surprised the other called him and Ryoko cute. "Kitty ears..? I've heard my brother say that before too. Do I really look like a kitten?" he asked curiously. Walking upon the sand felt nice between his toes. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your home?" he asked softly. "I want to help you just as I know Ryo does."

Ryoko thought "Well I was wondering if there were any limitations on hours, do i have to spend a certain amount of time in the office?" He asked before a thought suddenly hit him. His eyes widened as he realised he had left his extremely expensive laptop at Miki's and there was no way in hell he was ever going to go back there. Under his breath he swore, rubbing a hand over his face and massaging his temples. He would have to go out and buy one he guessed.

__

Hiroyuki went silent suddenly. He looked down his pace slowing "You probably shouldn't get involved, its kindda complicated. I was living with my boyfriend and for certain reasons i was forced to dump him so i had nowhere to go." His voice was quiet and sad. He really had loved the man. Its just....he couldn't put him in that danger, he loved him too much to loss him.

Toma thought a bit. "Not really. I mean its only important during crunch time. Lets say you have four days to complete a task. You use three at home yet you aren't finished. You should definitely use the last day here in the office. That way if you still don't finish; the boss will know you tried and most likely give you an extension. Normally that only happens when the deadline is within a short time limit." he said

Akise turned to face Hiroyuki. "Listen to me. I don't really care to know too much about you but if you plan to stay here then no secrets. I know everyone has their own baggage. For a while I kept mine to myself but as you might have noticed it caused my Ryo to get hurt. So sometimes when you think your protecting someone by keeping silent, truth is you really aren't. So I'll ask again, what happened to your home?" he asked

Ryoko nodded "Ok that's fine then." He looked at the man "Sorry for the trouble, must be a pain showing the new guy around." He laughed "Well I think I shall go on home now and get some work done." He knew he would have to go into ton first and was relieved he had actually thought enough to bring his wallet with him today. Looking at Toma he asked "Do you want a lift anywhere. I am heading into town then back out to the coast so if you want a lift I can give you one, its the least I can do." He smiled warmly.

__

Hiroyuki sighed "You are probably right, but Ryoko doesn't even know what I do for a living so..." he trailed off and sat down on the warm sand running it between his finger feeling the soft grains flow over his palm. He looked around but there was not a sole on the beach. Readying himself for what he was about to say he started "My job is to gather 'dirt' so to speak on people, which means i am often involved in some way with the Yakuza, either working fro them or investigating them." He paused to let what he had said sink in and see how Akise would react. He was so scared the man would immediately want him out the house and to be perfectly honest he would accept that, it was the natural thing to do but Hiroyuki hoped he wouldn't.

Toma looked at Ryoko. "Its no issue for me. I enjoy helping others. So don't worry about it." he said with a cheerful smile. He then glanced to the side before Ryoko offered him a lift. "Thanks for the offer but I'll pass. I still have work to do as well as heading to do a load of other things. If you ever need any help or have any questions just call here in the office. I'm always here as long as the boss is here." he said

Akise sat beside Hiroyuki. He listened before parting his lips to speak. "Well as long as you don't investigate on Maria the ice priestess then its fine." he said as that was the name his mother was known as in the yakazu world. "She won't take to kindly to me having someone like you around." he said with a light chuckle. "I am no one new to such dangers since Maria is my mother. So you see, I can understand your situation more than you think. Is this the reason you had to leave your lover and home?" he asked

Ryoko raised an eyebrow at the last comment. Something about that made him think something was up but he let it slide if the man had wanted to divulge any information on that sort of matter he would have said when Ryoko first asked if he had a partner. Nodding he smiled "Thanks I'll remember." The folder tucked under his arm he excused himself and walked to his car. Sighing in relief, that hadn't gone badly really. He was surprised. He quickly drove off into town t buy a new laptop. He sighed, it could take some time to set it up and install a new operating system onto it but he could get it done before tomorrow then he could begin working.

__

Slightly shocked Hiroyuki looked at Akise before chuckling "Guess looks really are deceiving, your no where near as innocent as you look are you!" He smiled "But no I haven't touched on her i try and stay out of things that could get too big but i misjudged one. That's why i had to leave." He paused to gather his thoughts "I was investigating someone very high up in the Yakuza because i needed the money and they were offering enough to keep me in comfort for at least a year. So i did it. It seemed ok at first but then a few months later they found out who it was that had found them out and managed to track me to my house. So that's how i left there. I had to move in with my boyfriend at the time since i couldn't buy a house under my name and buying a house under an alias didn't seem to work. Unfortunately they found out." He broke off a slight tremor in his voice before he managed to continue "I had to leave or they would hurt him. So i spent a week whoring myself out to gain a one night room before Ryo found me." he went silent wiping tears from his eyes as he wondered if his lover was ok. he hoped so or it would tear him to shreds.

Toma noticed Ryoko's expression but said nothing. He felt it odd to say more on that subject anyway. Mostly everyone he told it too told him he was just being used. He didn't want Ryoko thinking the same things. He waved bye to the male before going back to working himself.

Akise looked at him. "Your rather brave to go through that without any help from anyone or ever telling anyone. I dislike that lonely look in your eyes so I want to help. That is if you'll let me." he said softly. Akise wasn't one who liked seeing other's cry. It was something that bothered him to the core. Its why he himself often held in his tears. Akise glanced away upon noticing a small hermit crab walking by their toes

When Ryoko returned home he found nobody there. He figured they must have gone out for a walk or something so he just wandered in and set about setting up the new laptop. Starting it up he groaned having forgotten he would need to go through the whole Windows set up thing only to remove it all. This was going to take a little longer than he had anticipated now. He just hoped the download speed would be good so he wouldn't have to spend an age doing nothing.

__

Hiroyuki smiled at Akise "Thank you, that kind of helped actually." It felt good to finally get everything off his chest and to confide in someone else. At least he knew he wasn't facing everything alone. He smiled peacefully and looked out to sea in silence enjoying just being in the moment.

Letting out a surprised yelp Hiroyuki leapt to his feet as he felt something crawl over him. Jumping backwards he saw the crab fly of his foot somewhere to his right. Breathing heavily he started to laugh as he sat back down again. "You could have warned me that was there!" He exclaimed laughter still consuming him.

Akise smiled as the other thanked him. "As long as I can help then there's nothing to thank me for. I am just that kind of person. I'll just need to know who is after you and your previous address." he said with a small smile. Watching Hiroyuki jump from the tiny crab made him laugh. "I'm sorry. I didn't think it would scare you like that. Though that was exciting to see." he said as the other sat back down. He began to wonder if Ryoko was alright. "Shall we head back to the house? I can make something special for lunch."

Ryoko groaned rubing his face with his hand, he was getting an inordinate amount if pointless emailes and it was really starting to get on his nerves. He glared at the computer which he had finally managed to set up and was now downloading the new software onto a pen drive to install it.

__

Hiroyuki laughed as well. "Sure hopefully he will be back but either way I have to say I am starving!!" He stood offering his hand to help Akise up.

Akise took Hiroyuki's hand and stood to his feet. He followed the other back towards the house. Once entering he noticed a familiar face and smiled. "So you have returned from work. How was your first day?" he asked walking over to Ryoko. He noticed the other seemed to have a computer with him. This somewhat got him curious as to what the other was doing. Though he couldn't get too distracted. Akise said he was going to make lunch so that's what he was going to focus on first. He was hungry after all.