Any confident people out there and how do you do it?

BlueRayman

Hey people

I was wondering if there are any confident people out there who can give me tips on becoming more confident and raising my self esteem. I've always been fairly insecure and never really had much confidence but I fake it and put my 'dealing-with-the-world' head on when I go out to work or college etc, however as a 30 year old (so-called) adult I think its about time I did something about it.

I know where my self esteem issues come from, like most its those ever so fun teenage years and I know (logically) its crazy to be affected by stupid little things that happened so long ago, but logic doesn't come into it does it.

- Nothing unusual just bullying, beaten up a few times, not been comfortable with my sexuality, getting in with the wrong crowd and being picked on by or because of the person I 'liked'.

So far this year I've given up smoking, stopped biting my nails and I'm finishing off my 1st year of a degree in computer science and I'm have fairly big operation (hip replacement) coming up at the end of June. Once I'm back on my feet I'm going to start getting into better shape. I'm not in bad shape now just a little underweight, I have a slender build but I'd like to improve my fitness and to be honest tone up a little.

:leaf5:

So that's what I'm currently trying but does anybody have any secrets, tips or magic potions they are willing to share:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueRayman

• Ka-chan

• Ava

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not really one to talk since I, myself, have an extremely low self esteem, but I DO know a few tricks that can make you like yourself a bit better.

Every time you see yourself in the mirror or a reflection of yourself in the window or in the water - think 'You're beautiful'. You can also think 'You're awesome' and it'll help as well. It won't help right away, of course, but if you keep doing that for some time it'll eventually help - promise. :3

Also, if you're feeling shitty and your day sucks, just think 'It's not a bad day, just a bad minute. It'll get much better'

And, by helping others you make yourself get into a better mood. Try doing your best to help others and it'll eventually come back to you. Or right away, your self-esteem will raise with how happy everyone gets - and not in the high and mighty way, but in the way that you know you did something good~

I, myself, am working with all these things... and it really did help a bit for me! But then again, I'm not one to talk >w>

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm... i myself am not that confident :> but i just try not to think about other people ...like what they think of me,how they see me and such..

I just distance myself from people with bad personalities rather than entertain them..and if they don't like me ..that's fine..everyone has their own preference set of friends... and in that way,i became a little confident in every task that i do.

-------

Just ignore the others who can low yourself esteem :>