Not gay enough

BlueRayman

Hi all

Look I know its a bad title but it kinda says how i feel right now... and i want to bitch a little sorry

I live in the UK where all my rights etc are for the most part protected by law and I can do what I want But that doesn't mean I'm accepted. I live on the Isle of Lewis off the coast of Scotland (for anyone in the uk thats the large bit of land on the top left of the weather map) and although on the surface everybody appears to accept gay people you point a successful gay person out to me.

I know that compared to some countries I have it easy and I do what i can to fight for their rights but I don't know if anybody else lives in these type of areas where by law your protected but socially your still an outcast. Part of me almost feels like this is harder, I go out to the pub and listen to all the usual stuff people getting slagged of in the news for been "fags" and let it for the most part wash over me - I'm one of those guys that unless you know me or your gay yourself you wouldn't notice the signs (don't know if thats good or bad).

I guess i'm just having a bad day there nothing I can put my finger in but I found myself today feel I'd so repressed (is that the word) I struggled to function like I normally do. I guess I miss been able to work down the street and see gay clubs or even gay people, you still get people here preaching about how all gay people are evil.

I know this is just me bitching but does anybody else have similar experiences they wanna bitch about, doesn't have to be about you could be stuff you've seen or that your friends have. I thinks its a good think to put it out here and let people know what the world can be like!

One of my friends I go on nights out with was worried that I'd cause a scene if somebody started getting all anti-gay (happens up here) and I told him not to worry because it doesn't bother me to much. There was a big BUT however I said I can deal with it but if they are having ago at somebody else (in there) because their gay then I'll loss my cool!

Sorry again for the rant just feeling like the only gay in the village right now.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueRayman

• ネイト

• gin

• BlueNeon

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be someone who hates peaches."

Being gay is like having pink hair. Something unusual and uncommon,but acceptable in general,something totally cool for people with the same tastes,something unacceptable in a serious context...

There's no point in trying to change anything. Accept life the way it is.

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be someone who hates peaches."

Being gay is like having pink hair. Something unusual and uncommon,but acceptable in general,something totally cool for people with the same tastes,something unacceptable in a serious context...

Thank you BlueNeon

kinda feels like pat on the head :)

Thank you BlueNeon

kinda feels like pat on the head :)

My friend's gay and all of us know that. Even my straight friends accepted him--well everyone accepted him. It's just like being gay is way too common in here. Since most of the gay population in our country had strong inclination for dressing up in woman's clothes. Though my friend doesn't like to play the dress-up , we're cool with that. We even protected him from the jerk who he had confessed, the guy didn't even man up to understand my pal's feelings.

Fear the people who wanted to pitch-fork the gay community, but fear not (*lol contradicting)--if you have great effin' friends who can protect you like a knight in a black amor..then it's all cool.

Just be yourself~ that's always the mantra we say to them.

I don't usually ride a public vehicle then when one time I decided to commute with my friends (one of them is gay). So we were riding the public vehicle and then my gay friend kept telling jokes that cracked us up so bad and he was also laughing so loud. At first, we thought it's fine because we're not doing anything wrong. Some of the other passengers were laughing as well then this woman (probably in her early 40's) at my back said: "Puwede bang tumigil kayo sa kakatawa? Ang ingay-ingay niyo, nakakabulabog sa ibang pasahero. 'Pag bakla talaga, walang-hiya. Baliw. [Will you all stop laughing? You're so loud, you're disturbing the other passengers. Gays are shameless. Retard.]

One can hate gays without saying anything, that would be a bit acceptable. I can never forget about that incident. It was so, so extreme. I was also hurt for him. He talked back and the woman looked stupid after that. When we got off the public vehicle, it seemed like nothing happened but we all know he was hurt. He's just not showing it.

It's obvious that in every places there are people who'd desperately downgrade gays no matter how many laws there are in a country that protects their rights. As for my friend, he stood up for himself and that's what makes us, his friend love him more.

this woman (probably in her early 40's) at my back said: "Puwede bang tumigil kayo sa kakatawa? Ang ingay-ingay niyo, nakakabulabog sa ibang pasahero. 'Pag bakla talaga, walang-hiya. Baliw. [Will you all stop laughing? You're so loud, you're disturbing the other passengers. Gays are shameless. Retard.]

That is awful, I'd like to say I can't believe it but unfortunately I can, think at that point I'd loose my it. Its amazing that people can think its ok to act like that and say things like that. The thing that really puzzles me is why do people really care who somebody whats to sleep with, I don't care who they want to sleep with.

That lady just sounds really mean and unhappy with her life.

ppl have opinions, that means ppl will always judge, if its not cuz your gay itll be cuz youve got whatever it is youve got that they dislike, live your life as you want and fuck what they feel or think , who cares :p let them . And be proud, you dont need anyones acceptance , you dont need anyones approval , youre bein gyou as god made you and thats beautiful .

:p heres a clip to crack you up :D , smile at the world and itll smile back at you .

HUGS

live your life as you want and fuck what they feel or think ' date=' who cares :p [/quote']

:) Thanks normally I would, you should of seen some of the looks I got wearing nail varnish (nothing crazy it was black). Just a lot going on at the moment and it got to me.

I'm feeling more myself now. Its good to be able to contact the outside world, thing I'd go crazy without the web.

Cheers for the clip LOL little Britain is always good for a laugh.

dude , ive had my hair in all colors , and ive had black polish too ,

ppl should get a life:P

glad u feel better

Everyone has pretty much summed up how I feel about the situation. I know one thing that does get on my nerves is the severe lack of male appreciation in the world nowadays really. I know sex sells, but its always women. Women are on the commercials, labels on things, and for some reason that's okay but the minute you try to use a sexy man to promote something or sell something, everyone becomes all homophobic about it.

So in general what I'm saying is, everyone is programmed by society, and only those that choose to see life from other angles can really appreciate what it has to offer. I live in the U.S. and its still such a homophobic society. It's getting a little better, but as a gay man, I can tell you, I do at times feel left out, ostracized and overall out of place. I'm comfortable with being gay, but outside pressures do make it hard. Just stand strong dude, it only forges you into something stronger. With great friends at your back for love and support, you've got it made.

• 4 weeks later...

Societal values are unchanged for many years and are reinforced in daily without thinking. People dislike gays on the basis that a man and a woman make a couple not same sex - It is not considered "normal" despite gay people being members of society for centuries (either in secret or openly).

My family and culture do not accept gays. I am sure I have mentioned this previously but Gay Romance is a popular choice for comedy in Bollywood/Indian media. It is to do with society's norms and culture. I have noticed some cultures are less restrictive in terms of individual identity whereas some are more so.

At the end of the day we are only given one life. You might have a boyfriend, girlfriend, good friends, family, spouse but there is only Me, Myself and I. The way people think and the ignorance we may experience from others can feel damaging in the short term but will always exist. Thus we should try taking each day as it comes and live our lives for ourselves.

Gay or not we need to be able to stand up for ourselves because of the kinds of people that exist in the world. Empty vessels make the most noise.

I never really realized how one area in a country can be so different. The area I lived in before going to college has had an active gay community/club scene for a good 20-30 years so I never really thought about acceptance before. I have a friends who I go drinking out with and he told me he has known a few gays guys up here, I had to point out that he HAD KNOWN, past tense - they all moved away.

Fortunately I've got a weekend away later in the year to a city so I can go clubbing.

I just don't get why people care who's sleeping with who. I guess they've nothing better to do then sit there thinking about all the gay sex going on in the world!