Out of the closet

Mik

lol, I see I caught your attention? haha. Since you are already here, then you might as well read on. xD

----

I just wanted to share this experience. I've been a Bi and in the closet for 6 years already, and I've been in a relationship with another girl since June 2014. We were happy and all and we've promised that we would tell our parents when the right time comes. I've been expecting to tell my parents sooner or later but what I didn't expect that it would be this early. It was all an accident and it was my fault. It was last Friday, we were texting and I don't know why and how, but I accidentally sent the message that was originally for her to my mother. When I realized what happened, my mind became blank and I can't decide whether to snatch my mother's phone or to dig a whole and succumb there since my family are well, on the religious side. We are all Catholics and obviously, this whole thing is wrong... for them that is. I've been a supporter of same-sex relationships even when I was still a kid and haven't yet discovered my orientation. But anyways, I watched in horror as my mother looked at her phone and read the message. She was shocked because she didn't know that I'm in a relationship. She asked me who it was, and I tried denying it. I kept on denying it until the next day, my dad asked me about it. I still did the same, hoping that they will just drop the subject but knowing my father, he's really sharp and persuasive. He kept on asking questions after questions while I remained unswayed. Until he finally said, 'I know you have someone. It's normal. I don't care if it's a boy or a girl. Just make sure he/she is a good influence to you and helps you in your studies etc etc...'. With that sentence, I looked at him confused. I can't believe of what I just heard. My father accepted my sexuality despite the religion? I felt happy and at the same time embarrassed. Embarrassed because I hid it from them and they found out because of me. My family knows about it already and they seem to accept it and my girlfriend. Up to this day, I still can't look at them in the eye or sometimes can't hold a proper conversation, but the bright side is at least me and my girlfriend are already legal in my family. Now, it's her turn to tell her parents but I told her to not rush or something. It takes time coming out. It's scary because you don't know what will happen. I'm just lucky that despite our religion, they accepted me. Not all parents are like that. So those who are still in the closet, don't rush yourself. Always prepare for the consequences. Expect the worse. Have backup plans or something. But don't hide forever. It might be good or it might be bad. You'll never know until you try. :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mik

• yaoi4fans

• M1st3rSk3l3t0n

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing your experience! You are lucky that they accepted it and I hope your gf will be the same. Congratulations on your relationship too! cheetah5

• 4 weeks later...

Had a similar experience, but with them guys I was hanging around with. Only 1 of them knew that Im gay and I asked him to not tell.

Cause what could happen if they knew? Option 1: They dont care. Option 2: They distance themself from me!

There would be nothing to win and a lot to lose!

One evening he told em. They accepted it. Ive won nothing. But things went kinda strange...

Luckily my Fam is totally cool with it! ^^