Their Meaning of Value

Taiyou

Summary: As they progress through their school year, three boys learn to figure out their emotional attachments to each other, and what all of that is supposed to mean.

Warning: uhh... un-beta'd? and ^.

A/N: So, this entire thing started off as unrelevant drabbles and ficlets I wrote to relieve stress (which explains slow updates), but everytime I needed to name a character, I always ended up with one thing--Andras. So after using that name twice, I decided I could try stringing them into an actual story. Might not work, haha.

-----------------

He was one of those guys, those with pretty brown hair—shiny—who’d say “Why not?” to whatever you wanted as long as you told him some fancy bullshit about him. He knew that it was bullshit—everyone knew, except those giggly girls who stuck together in tight cluster in the corners of classrooms. He still said that, though. I mean, you could ask him to take your virginity and you could be just about the grossest person alive, and he’d say yes as long as you told him you loved his eyes, or that his cologne suited him.

That’s the kind of guy Andras was. That’s the kind of guy my best friend was.

I found the first two days before Valentines Day, in the garbage can in class 316. It was a sketch of me, beautifully drawn. On it was only the date, 02.12—no signature.

I merely folded it—definitely not as creeped out as I should’ve been—and put it in my pocket. I spent the rest of the day as usual, having quickly forgotten about the portrait.

The next one I found, it was the day before Valentines Day. It was in one of the glass-doored cupboards in classroom 304. How it could’ve gotten there, I wouldn’t know. Those doors were locked, but that one wasn't. Perhaps it was always open, or maybe whoever put it there somehow broke the lock.

This time though, I took it out of its place gentler and looked over every steak of blue highlighter and red pen some idiots who had had class here earlier in the day decided to ruin the drawing with. Some of those idiots were my friends, too—I recognized their handwriting, and they must’ve recognized my face on the portrait as well.

Again, the drawing went in my pocket, although barely anything was still distinguishable. I still didn’t wondered why I kept finding these around school. Maybe I should’ve, by now.

The next day, Valentines Day, is when I found the third and last. It was plastered on my locker in plain daylight. No one had the time to draw on it yet, since no one was even at school yet. That was a good thing, is what I thought.

I detached this one even more carefully, watching as the tape peeled off the thick paper smoothly, and held the artwork in my hands for a good minute or two. Then was the first time I’d truly inspected the drawing—every stroke, every detail, every thought and effort whoever had drawn this put forward.

It was signed this time—Andras.

-----------------

A/N: Yeeaaah... so this part introduced 2/3 characters (and as far as I know, it'll mostly be those two anyway) and uh, feedback would probably be cool

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yaoifangirl

• Taiyou

• SapphireBlue

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

The story starts interesting! Curious to discover the 3rd friend as well. :hamtaro-005 (8):

• 5 months later...