Speak to the Past.

Saga

anime-anime-boy-mangacap-no6-Favim.com-1650097.jpg
"Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."

I guess many of us return to a certain time in the past now and then.

I have often heard the question, "If you could say something to your past self,

what that would be?", but I never paid much attention to it.

Simply because I never thought I had 'a message' for my past self. -chuckles-

I guess, the silence itself would be the answer? Beast me. But lately, I thought

I surely already have my message for my, say, 15 years-old self.

I thought to open such a thread, because it is like sharing experience decoded in

your own kind of message. And a message could be read in many ways, so why not.

I will be the first, so. Heh.

"There are two sides of a coin,

for everything is two-sided.

There are two types of knowledge

- mitigated which is called wisdom

and malevolent which is called manipulation.

There are two types of ignorance

- conscious which is called conduction

and unconscious which is called dearth.

There are two types of failure

- common which makes us humans

and uncommon which brands us as heroes.

and there are two types of success

- predictable which leaves us with nothing but desolation

and unpredictable which brings us contentment.

But also, there are two types of human

- frail, which by means, may know the strength and pain of wisdom

and authoritative,which by means, for sure know the knowledge of malevolence.

For each choice you make from now on,

it shall also have two sides -

for humans always are something between a frail being and a hero.

But stray from the world ideals for they bring nothing but fallacy."

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miro

• Justme

• alexia__

• teaandyoghurt

I'd try to convince myself to overcome the shyness I had when I was in high school so I can meet new people, especially those who are different from me in some way (culturally, ethnically). I'd try to push myself out of my comfort zone. ^_^

hmm i’d have to write a very long list with DON’T EVER DO THAT’s i did really crazy things and i was really rebellious but i never harmed or hurt anyone besides myself though i wouldn’t change my teenage years.. failure is your best friend that’s what life taught me.. but of course there is this one moment that i wanna erase from my memories so badly.. if only i'd had the chance to speak to my past self... i would go back to summer 2004 that was the shittiest part of my life.. if only i had known...

I've only ever had one thing I wanted to ask my past self, from when I was in kindergarten:

What the hell does 'Mum plat dad' mean?

~Dana

I'd tell myself that hardships are necessary in life and that they make us who we are and that no hardship lasts forever and I just have to be patient and strong. :)

I'd tell myself as a high school student that teasing/bulling the one you like won't make you more attractive but the opposite. onion7

I want to go to my past self, hold her in my arms and tell her three words, nothing more, nothing less. I believe it'll be all she'll need to go through the hardship that she went through to lead me here, the way I am. It's the least I can do to thank her for staying strong until the end.

"It gets better."

If I could be able to tell my past self anything, it would be that even if boats floating across the ocean cannot be seen from a great distance, they are somewhere.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
: That intro quote reminded me of Oogway from "Kung Fu Panda". XD Though, I'm sure it's referenced from much older texts. ^ ^;;

Anyway, if I could communicate with my past self, I'd reassure myself not to aim for valedictorian in high school. I'd tell myself to enjoy those precious years of youth that I wouldn't ever be able to relive again. I'd inspire myself to pursue my passions, instead of exceeding everyone's expectations.

Despite all the hardships, disillusionment, and tragedy I experienced in such a short amount of time, I have no regrets. Although pains from my past have jaded me, I've also become more wise and relaxed. I'm now able to empathize with people prisoner to their own darkness. I'm more philosophical and self-reflective as well. Although I've strayed from the path I so fervently pictured, I'm happy on this new path too. ^ ^

Guest アヤ

I'd tell myself that I should trust myself and I have to be patient on things and learn from mistakes and things will always be better if I concreted to make it better and I should stand for what I belieave in myself and I should always learn from life

tumblr_n6rjyk7Zrv1r5mk6ho1_500.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Speak to my younger self:

Chan-morningface.gif~original

Not everyone will like you but the people that are closest already know how awesome you are. They are the jewels and diamonds of your life and should be treasured. Everyone else can hit the road!

Try focus on you and your skills as they may give you more confidence to be able to be yourself.

Hmmmm...

You should totally be bossier past Judy, it'll help a lot.

And get used to studying earlier in life, that helps too.

Um, and don't worry 'bout guys, there're not all that great, go worry about other stuff. (No offence to guys...)

Oh, and finally get exercise more often, your hyperness goes fast.

I'd tell myself that learning comes through failure and pain and that everything learnt is useful, that just because your values are different from others' doesn't mean yours are wrong. There's nothing wrong about been weak if you know how to be strong. I'd tell myself that if someone leaves you behind, they weren't meant to stay, no matter how painful it can be. Don't be naïve, don't think people will value you the way you value them and above all...never give up.

Remember to say "I love you" to those you love, they need to know before they aren't around anymore. Be grateful to those who taught you anything, no matter how insignificant you may think it is.

To my 16 Year old self.

Hey there.

Phew, where to start?

I know that you are on the edge.

That all those problems just are, or seem, too much. That you've given up on solving them.

Given up on a good future, normality. And people will stop helping you. Your childish, stoic ignorance will only make things worse.

I know how and in what you've been loosing yourself... Stop it! Be strong, swallow your goddamn pride for once and ask for help!

And take your friggin meds! Theyre important!

Then, maybe, little by little, you can start chasing dreams againn! :D

desperately hoping for a wonder, L4mB ;*

P.S. Oh, and I know why youre not happy in ya relationships. Try thinking it over real hard? Yep, thats roight, ya gay! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Speak's to younger self:

"Don't do that, don't lock yourself away, don't sour up. Remain sweet, and gentle; tears are not weakness, authority is not power, anger is not the way to get things across. Remember to remain sweet in a spoiled world, that is true strength "