Selfishly Seeking Awesome Tree Drawing Artist for Tattoo Idea

Odfkat

Hi!!

First off, thanks for looking. I have been pushing this idea randomly to friends and strangers with no luck, and just now got the idea to post here. I thought of trying deviant art, but I'm feeling too self conscious to push my idea there.

ANYWAYS... I have an idea for a tattoo and I'm hoping to find a random tree artist ASAP. I didn't realize that artists have specific things that they draw to the extent that, as my artist friend is telling me, they almost specialize in it. I guess that makes sense... I just assumed that if you're good, you're good in general... But, I know this is probably doubly important when getting something etched into the skin >_

Ugh. ANYWAYS, sorry I'll get to the point. I won't get crazy detailed here, but basically it's a giant tree (South Carolina's Angel Oak tree) with an extensive network of roots that form a sankofa symbol. It's supposed to be beautiful, majestic, and wonderful, but also subtly eerie, dark, and forewarning.

If you are super duper talented at drawing trees, or if you know someone who is, PLEASE let me know. I'm hoping to get this tatt in early December so I'm really seeking help bringing my idea to life :Excited:

Angel-Oak-Tree__South-Carolina-cJohnPost.jpgSankofa-Bird15.jpgtrees-cover.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Odfkat

• Macys

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, something similar.. I'm thinking of getting it on the outer side of my upper arm. But the roots are really important! I want them to kinda look like they're disappearing into my skin around my elbow.

Thanks for responding! Did you draw that tree?