៙BL 'Just a Myth' ~Writer Contest~៙

KYOKO

o8cgav.png

Information.

After being rich on contests for graphic, artists, video making,

we decided that it's time to make a contest for people who love

to write.

This month we will have a new theme set and it's - "Just a Myth".

You have to present your masterpiece, which describes love between two males.

It's up to you how you will interpret "Just a Myth". So show us your imagination!

Rules.

Minimum 400 words, maximum 600 words.

Only stories are accepted, no poems.

The story must be rated as for 16+

No racism, no religious topics, no animal/child abuse.

Love must be between two males.

Title of the story is up to you.

Post the finished work on this thread.

Read the rules once again.

Prizes.

2.000 points for all that applied

5,000 points for the winner + a Manga cover card from the iShop.

Deadline.

Start 03 February 2016

End 01 March 2016.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vyssini

• Key

• KYOKO

• addyLicious

Word Count: 600

Fleeting Realm

I woke up, eyes blinking to accommodate the brightness that’s engulfing my vision. Somewhere near, voices float but their words remain meaningless, incomprehensible. My whole body’s heavy, unmoving, stiff. I tried to call, but for whose name, I don’t know. My heart was yearning for something, for someone, an unnamed persona but so familiar that my heart aches. I wanted to grasp somewhat but it frustrates me because I am clueless, so lost. A presence that I heed, a touch of being that I crave. Whose is it?

This hunger is maddening, like an animal that’s eating me from inside. Clawing my heart until it bleeds to dry.

Just what am I looking for? What is it that I need?

Days come and go. My consciousness flitted between the realm and dreams. A forest bathed in the warmth of the sun, serene laughter in the air, deep voice soothing and loving me. I remember the cool breeze hugging me from everywhere. There’s a body holding me close and safe. The feeling is of home.

The long sleek feather seems to taunt me; its soft texture teasing me but it speaks to me in words that are not uttered. Memories started to be woven, the pieces fitting the puzzle. I recounted the recollections— the dreams or hallucinations as they insist, it seems more and more real as it flooded my mind. Your caress, your touch. Your kisses, your embrace. Your promise to take me home once again.

I am being imbued with your presence yet there’s no face to paint. Questions kept on falling, a hollow place in my heart kept on aching. I don’t know if this is even real not when no one understands my plea.

But who’s to say all of it is illusory? Unimaginable? Whose words held the truth and who’s to believe? My concern doesn’t lie on its truthfulness or existence, for how can I doubt myself when you live inside of me, deep in my mind and heart. I may not know you but all of me undoubtedly ache for you.

The moonlight was clear. It bathes the dark. The sharp profile of a face. Finally, finally, you’re here. A hand reached towards me with a minuscule smile. I move without thinking, I move with just feeling, lifting my hand to touch you, to feel you.

Let’s go home.

No words were needed as our hands entwined. Nothing matters to me anymore. I have you now. But as I look into your eyes, sorrow seeps. It made my heart throb for unknown reasons.

Why?

Remember. Don’t forget your happiness.

I woke in the dark that I can’t even see myself. I blinked and stared at nothing. I tried to recall what happened, was it a dream, a memory or product of my imagination? Was it my obsession? What was it that I’m trying to remember in the first place?

I remained immobile until the first ray of the sun seeps through my window. The light flowing in my room. There’s nothing but the tears that I don’t remember were flowing. For whom am I crying?

I saw the pieces of paper scattered across my room. The sketches of a being that doesn’t exist in our world. That someone whom I secretly wish will have me, love me.

That feather. That most familiar smile.

Was everything a dream? A story I weaved out of loneliness? A narrative that so many generations has heard?

No. I still believe. We were there, you and I.

The softest of whispers.

Don’t forget your happiness.

Meeting Mith

Word Count: 600

"Nother, you're really brave! Daring to hunt in the western hill till sundown! Aren't you afraid to be taken by the mangkukulam? Everyone says he drags his prey alive in a gigantic pot of boiling water." *Shiver*

"Are you afraid?"

"Of course not! I'm just scaring you, silly. Besides it's just a myth."

"If so, you can join me tomorrow."

"NO!! I-I-I..cook. That's right! I'm assigned to cook!...sso-so-so..I really can't join even if I wanted to. Always be careful. I'll be going!"

Nother chucked as he saw his friend ran away. "He's just Mith!" The thought brought smile to his lips.

Three years..

Nother limped towards the hills.

He just lost his mother to her sickness and his father wasted away drinking his misery and pretended not to see them. His twin ran away with the mayor's daughter. Himself was sold to the traders for a couple of drinks. His sister was sold by his father to pay the accumulated debt from relieving his mother of her pain. He couldn't save himself, how could he save her?

Knowing what happened to those men sold to the barbaric traders, Nother escaped after saying goodbye to his sister. He didn't even know if he could escape alive or be hunted to death so he didn't listen to his sister's begging to be saved.

He was surrounded by the mercenaries hired by the traders before he even step out of the village. His sister snitched for one silver.

He was a pretty good hunter but this time, he was prey! He fought his way out and drag the skirmish towards the forest. He received heavy blows and no matter how good he was, he was outnumbered. It only a matter of time before he lost. It was a good thing they were trying to catch him alive.

In some point, the mercenaries sprinted towards the village. "Wolves!!"

Several men died to their teeth but some made it to the gate. He shouted but the guards just watched as he with those left behind struggled.

He was bleeding from cuts and bites. But he refused to topple over. He ran and ran till he reached the clearing separating the southern forest and the western hills. He noticed the wolves stopped. Even beasts were afraid of the treacherous hills.

It was a choice between being bitten to death or boiled to death. From one stomach to another. "Damn! Either ways, I'm dead!" He sneered mockingly before he passed out.

When Nother regained consciousness, he was shocked. He heard the tale many times but it didn't prepare him to the truth. Gigantic Pot! He groaned. "Myth!"

"Don't! Moving so much will reopen the wounds. I just fixed you."

The melodious voice came from a tall, naked man. Maybe it's better to be in the stomach of the gorgeous mangkukulam rather than the ugly beasts'??

"I'm skinny. I won't taste good!" Nother blurted.

An enchanting sound of laughter resounded. Gorgeous green eyes checked him out. "You're delectable. I had a taste earlier."

Nother felt his cheeks flushed, ashamed how his lower body reacted to the words that bore another meaning. "Rock! But..."

The man smiled as if knowing what Nother discovered. "Yes, it's a rock formation. Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Y-yeah.!" His gaze was not directed to the pot-looking rock but to the man who granted him sanctuary. "So beautiful.." He whispered in trance.

His idiotic display made the man giggle. "I'm Mith. You?" The flutter of Mith's lashes and that shy smile sent warm heat to his heart.

"Nother. You can call me yours."

2qx6qdu.gif2qx6qdu.gif

|| END OF ៙BL Just a Myth ~Writer Contest~៙ ||

[YaoiOtaku Writer Contest]

Thank you all for taking part in our seventh Writer Contest!

The choice has been really hard since all of you are skilled and talented.

The winners of ៙BL Just a Myth ~Writer Contest~៙ are @

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and @
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
with

the BL Love Stories "Fleeting Realm" and "Meeting Mith"

As promised everyone who participated will get 2,000 points.

The winners get as follows,

- 5,000 points

- 1 Manga Cover card (please mention the card you'd like)

2qx6qdu.gif2qx6qdu.gif