How did you start watching yaoi?

Miro

Thanks and I have to say with all these people saying they have seen Gravitation I feel a little deprived as I have never seen it.

I didn't start with Gravitation either (but with Junjou Romantica), but I did see it after a while and I really liked it. You should watch it! It's never too late :D

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miro

• Inulain

• yaoi-fangirl01

• Andro

It can be said that I access to yaoi with legal age ... ehehe :">

up until i was 18, i don't even know yaoi :2yoyo4:

I started to read it because of mistaking it for a boyxgirl manga :5yoyo21: ( i didn't notice the warning page)

my reaction was .... ~O.o~ ... "wow, so guys can, too"

what lead me to yaoi world is one of Chitose Piyoko's works, I don't remember the name - -" maybe.... because I don't have any interest in that one (_ __")

then I saw the cover of Ze manga , it was nice so I tried to read and ...... fell in love immediately ... :7yoyo10:

of course, I search, search and search for yaoi right after that :cuteonion9:

I've just watched BL anime & movie recently :Red_fox:

real person, real kiss and real XXX :cuteonion46:

• Like 1

I started watching yaoi at 18, like Phong Y, with Gravitation. I saw some pics from gravitation, some wallpapers and I liked the way they looked and I saw in the tags of the wall the words "gravitation, yuki eiri, shuichi" and googled it. And then I realized they were from an anime and I searched for it. I just fell in love with Yuki at that time :D And since then I became a shounen ai/yaoi lover! :D

@Yaoi-Lover01

You started with a 18 rated anime at the age of 13? And what was your opinion at that time?

@Aoi

After watching some of Level C and going back to my own house I started looking up Yaoi and different Yaoi animes and mangas, so my opinion at the time was that it was hot and I liked it. But I have always had a very pervy mind as my two older sisters would talk about sex and stuff in front of me when I was six or so XD

For me it all started with Gravitation. A friend of mine was a huge Yuki fan and she kept drawing him and kept writing his name on the blackboard during brakes. So I asked her who that Yuki was and she told me about Gravitation. Then I went home and searched for it and I fell in love with Yuki too :hamtaro-005 (5): Since that day I started to look for more and now, here I am :hamtaro-005 (9):

Officially I started by watching Okane ga Nai cause I loved the art I saw, but I was introduced to yaoi by Haru Wo Daite Ita (OVA) though I just skimmed the ova cause the art wasn't that interested at the time. :hamtaro-005 (5):

Now both of those titles; ova and the manga, are my all time favs!!~ :hamtaro-005 (23):

• Like 1

@ cue

Haru wo Daite Ita you say? Awwwww..... The hottest manga ever!!!! So, you have picked a good one to start an awesome yaoi journey!!!! :hamtaro-005 (6):

Actually last summer I was looking for a song on youtube (don't really remember which one) and I found a video with scenes from Jounjou Romantica. And that's how it started, after that I was curious and watched the anime.

For me it all started with Gravitation. I've seen some pics by chance when I was browsing the net and I liked the way they were drawn so I looked for it and I watched it! And loved it! :leaf15:

• Like 1

Well I actually first found out about yaoi a couple of weeks ago (and I'm actually 31 years old, Anime and Manga is not that big where I live).. I have watched anime now and then the last few years tho, but it was more of a coincident that I actually found out about yaoi, I'm still very new to this world ^^.

But I was searching animes to find a new serie to watch and fell over 'Koisuru Boukun' and it caught my interest. I couldn't find it with english subs and not as a mp4 file (I prefere to download them and watch it on the DVD), so I ended up watching it on my computer on youTube. After that the search for more yaoi and info about it lead me to here, and so far, I haven't been disapointed :)

• Like 1

Wha! That's a nice story! :D

You're already 31 and watching animes? That's cool~

Hopefully, I'm going to keep it up till I'm 31 (:

It would be pretty cool ^-^

• Like 1

Wha! That's a nice story! :D

You're already 31 and watching animes? That's cool~

Hopefully, I'm going to keep it up till I'm 31 (:

It would be pretty cool ^-^

Haha, well I first started to watch anime in my late 20ish, think I was 27-28 or so. I never thought it was that interesting when I saw it on the cartoon channels in the tv, since it was stuff like pokemon and more "hysterical" ones. Im not into all those "happy happy, joy joy" ones, and since I knew so little about it, I didn't know that there were more "adults" ones too. But then I got to talk about anime with one of my friends, and he told me to take a look at 'Death Note' and after that I was hugged, that one is still my favorit for sure ^^.

I don't think I will ever be to old to watch anime (or cartoons for that matter), as long as it has a good story to tell ;)

• Like 1

oh jeez...it was such a long time ago for me. I believe it was actually when i was in junior high (like 8th grade). I was 13/14 and I was surfing the web (or what was much of the web at the time lol) and came across an illustration of two guys kissing...and thus sparked the little yaoi fangirl inside of me :)

Unfortunately I can't really remember where the picture was from or who was it of....soooooooo long ago!

Wow! It must be great to be a yaoi lover for such a long time! I only started watching yaoi about 2 years ago.

I just run on a pic from junjou romantica and I saw there are so many sweet guys there and, as kumagoro08 said, the tyaoi fangirl inside of me came out and I searched for it and watched it. Since then I've been the big big yaoi fan that you see here today!:hamtaro-005 (13):

It was all because on of my friends one day told me that her brother was talking about how much he hates yaoi, so we decided to surf the internet and look for that word to know about he was talking about... My face turned so red when a saw what it was... That was when I was fourteenyears. So we watched kirepapa online that was in a web to watch it online.. So, that´s right, my first yaoi anime was kirepapa ( yey I started with yaoi , no shonen ai :D ... xD) ...And that´s the simple story xD.. So I´ve been seeing yaoi for 5 years now :3.

[unknowingly]I was in grade 5

I was watching animes on AXN when I came across Gensomaden Saiyuki. I don't know that it's shounen ai until now

[on purpose]

my MALE friends told me about a blog where I can read yaoi manga

I started watching yaoi in like 7th grade, which would be about 6 or so years ago. I had seen it before in like fifth grade, but wasn't all that interested at the time. My friend got me into reading Harry Potter fan fics (Drarry, of course!) and it progressed to watching it and now I share it with her and my other friends. I love sending them pics of yaoi to them, it's funny when others see them too though. The best response I got from one was : 'Nick (her boyfriend) wants to know if that is L and Light from Death Note and he says it's really good.'

i used to hate yaoi....while i was reading fanfics..i came across a yaoi fic. Knew its yaoi but the summary seemed interesting....started liking dat couple after reading den slowly i started loving yaoi....

well first time I like yaoi FF and in youtube I saw okane ga nai...and for that I'm searching for another yaoi anime and found viewfinder...surely that's really made me crazy for yaoi...but that time I don't like drama yaoi cause I though it's really weird if see in real life...

and then I found takumi kun...so now I like all stuff about yaoi...LOL

two years ago, my best friend told me that she watched Junjou romantica, so i decided to watch it too, but i didn't understand english so i thought that it isn't interesting, and than i decided to watch boku no piko... and it was terrible, so i started to hate yaoi.

But six month ago i was bored so i decided try to watch Junjou again (after alot of english lessonsXDD) and now i can't live without watch/read yaoi every day =="

Papa to kiss in the dark was the first yaoi I ever watched.. funny thing is I don't really know why I watched it.. because I don't like the sound of yaoi at first.. but afterward.s Yaoi changed my life :D