How did you start watching yaoi?

Miro

it was eight years ago when i first bought manga Eerie Queerie by Shiozu Shuri. although it's only shonen ai, but i've just realized that i like this kind of genre(lol) and started to find the others, but it was pretty hard and wasn't popular like nowadays.

the next five years i read desire by honami yukine. wow, it was the first yaoi manga i've ever read.

she become one of my favorite mangaka forever. furthermore i like drawing and i like to imitate her style sometime (lol).

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miro

• Inulain

• yaoi-fangirl01

• Andro

I first discovered yaoi and shonen ai when I was 13 or 14. I was first exposed while reading fanfiction. and you have to admit, for a shonen manga written by a guy, it is practically impossible to find a fanfiction that isn't yaoi! At first I was like, "This is so wrong!" But man, was it right! JunjunRomantica kinda sealed the deal for me. so that has been 5 years for me too!

I heard about it on a magazine a couple of years ago and I didn't pay too much atention to it. This year I saw on TV show talking about yaoi. I searched for it on the internet and the started watching Junjou Romantica and totally fell in love with the series. After that I've seen all the yaoi I can! ^^

i just happened to stumble on junjou romantica online while looking for more interesting manga so my obsession began accidentally

I mistook one of the characters in a yaoi anime for a girl, then a bit later, after going to camp, met a friend there who was 100% addicted to yaoi, and after chatting with her for two weeks about stuff, she brought me to the dark side-we even dressed up as Sasuke and Naruto one of the days at camp. (It was awesome!

. .i was an anime' aficionada ever since i was a kid

. .i always bought anime' dvds

. .one time, a dvd caught my eye, the cover was somewhat weird, when i start staring into it, i felt romance,

funny thing is, it's 2 men i'm staring at, then i bought it

. .then i watched it,

. .that was the first time i watched an anime' like that

. .and that's the reason that made me hook to this,

. .i was been opened that stuff like this do exist

. .the yaoi that opened my mind to this was entitled " JUNJOU RAMONTICA" ( first impression lasts) :)

Well, I was looking for a shoujo anime back then and then I saw an advertisment of Junjou Romantica.

I was like.."What The hell?!..Is that a boy and a boy?!.."..and then I watched it to clarify if those people were really boys.

And then I found out that both of them were boys and I started to like it!..so kept on watching Junjou Romantica back then and finished it..also the manga..although its still continuing...and from that day on I kept watching Yaoi..but I just found the forum now..XD

• 3 weeks later...

erm...i dun know whether itz fate or accidently...it was diz year

im a vkei fan and suddenly while watching jrock fanservices...

i *accidently* saw boys love 1 movie as i rmembered itz the second part...

1st i was very shocked but then continue 2 watch it...

then continue wif BL2 then watch itsuka ni kimi e...

i dun know y i cant stop watch them...ahaha...

n after tht i love to watch shonen ai n yaoi...

nw i think im not interested wif normal love story...

only watch n read shonen ai n yaoi...hahaha

n now my fwens are affected by me...

one of my fwen cannot stop reading Reborn manga...lol

lets see here....it started last year when i started hating the couple naruto x hinata

i realized tht wen i saw pics of sasunaru i thought 'awwwwwwwww so kawaiiii' XD

so yeah it started with sasunaru and from there it sprouted! :D

Back then, when I was a Narutard lol I didnt know about this vid I saw on Youtube and it was SasuNaru. I was little confused at first, then looked some more. :3onion15: And...that's when I started reading/watching yaoi :cuteonion58:

for me was when i read an article about all kind of anime with some example , then i saw the word Yaoi and cute picture of Junjou Romantica so i went 2 youtube 2 look and i saw the first scene of the first kiss of usagi and Misaki at ep 1 , i was like :leaf15: and i said (i must watch this ) after that i looked for the manga of Junjoi Romantica after that i became a yaoi freakrabbit1

• 1 month later...

For me I was wandering around the video store looking for something to watch and caught my eye on Papa Kiss in the Dark I had no idea it was Yaoi from then on I'm hooked.

I started watching yaoi series and OVAs when I bought my Shounen Ai manga, Loveless. Since then, I searched about the genre and it come to a point that I saw Yaoi ones XD I really am thankful that I was able to discover Yaoi

i'd hate to start hating yaoi when i get older

i want to love it

forever an ever an ever an ever an ever

and EVER.....

FOREVER:Red_fox4::Red_fox10::cuteonion53:

About 2 years ago, I was surfing the net trying to figure out what anime to see next and I found one that really called my atention. Maiden Rose :D It was my first Yaoi anime and since then I've never stoped watching it :3

hmmm, i started around 6 or 7 years ago :p.. i was in love with anime & always searched 4 a new series

one day i saw a clip on you-tube that got me interested & stright a way went to a dvd shop & bought like 3 0r 5 yaoi cd's

i choose based on looks :p at first then i was like woooowoww..

once you get in you can ever get out :D

• 2 months later...

:leaf15:I looked up gay anime on youtub and found a video marked yaoi. I foud gravitation and I liked it a lot os I with looking for more. I am now a big fanboy, I just got into the yaoi manga so I do not know alot about them.:hamtaro-005 (4):

I found Gravitation online by accident and since I liked to watch anime I started to watch it and i really liked it ....but whenever I searched something about it (gravitation) i found Yaoi in the description and i was like what the hell is this ???rabbit12

later I searched on the net and found out more !!

And i can't say i regret rabbit8

I think it was about when I was 14 years old. I was introduce to manga by my brother. At that time I was stupid not knowing what yaoi mean. I was searching something to read and yeah, I was accidentally reading yaoi. I didn't read the plot summary and just based on the cover, I thought it was an action story. Haha, and I like it! Since then, I was hooked by yaoi! :cuteonion41:

• Like 1

I started watching "Death Note"...then I was telling myself: "OMG!! Light and L would make such a HOT couple!!" :banhbao8:

... then I started reading fanfictions...mangas...anime...and stuff >///>

• 2 weeks later...

i 1st saw yaoi at my aunts house while i wz searching 4 inu yasha bt accidently i stumbled upon inu yasha and seshemaru, there were like pics of thm posing naked like lovers and all..... at 1st i thught WTF ,it disgusted me and 4 the next 1 week i felt like throwing up bt az dayz passed by, i bcame mre curious abt hw cld it be possible(inu yasha x sheshemaru)thn i began searching 4 mre and since thn i've been a yaoi fan ^_^....

• 2 weeks later...

I started to watch YAOI in 2007, my first YAOI anime it's been JUNJOU ROMANTICA and I never stop to love YAOI animes since that moment :hamtaro-005 (19):

I liked yaoi since 4 months ago (It's really accidently), I want to read shoujo manga but when I searched it I found yaoi manga. The tittle is Kafe Kara Hajimaru Love Life, the cover's picture make me curious. So I start to read it, I never know if love story between 2 mens can be so romantic!

Then I saw Takumi Kun Series, my first BL drama (I found it accidently, again!!!) and I love the story between Takumi & Gii. Then I addicted to Yaoi......

I didn't watch any to know about Yaoi. I read Cardcaptor Sakura and I was wondering, why Tomoyo said she loves Sakura. And the most confusing part is Syaoran keeps blushing when he sees Yukito. Also Touya is kinda "overrated" to Yukito, like hugging him, dramatically whispering in his ear. (You know I sweat too much because of it) ^^" After that I searched on internet about it and found out about shonen-ai and then yaoi. Since I still have no idea about those things, I started watching gravitation just for healing my curiosity. In the end, I really loooove it and I start watching and reading yaoi stuff! ^^