Riddles solving room

Choree

Did someone saw which hat the guy behind the wall had ? Maybe the king had to go pass them ?

Let me clarify, so the last person can see the two in front of him?

Questions answered:

* no, no one knows the color of the hat the guy behind the wall is wearing;

* yes, the last person can see the two in front of him;

* no, it has nothing to do with the sun;

* yes, they are lined up in that particular and exact order as shown;

* the subjects can see only what's before/in front of them;

* the subjects cannot move, turn heads to side nor, to turn around;

* the subjects cannot talk to each other and the only allowed thing to say out loud, is the color of the hat one's wearing.

hat-riddle.gif

There was an evil king that wanted to kill 4 of his subjects, but worried that there would be an uprising if he simply had them executed, he decided to provide them with a way to escape their fate. What he did was to bury each of them in the ground up to their neck and he put a white or black hat on each of them. One of the subjects was placed behind a wall, so that he was not visible to the others.

Each prisoner could now only see what was in front of him. The king told the subjects that two of them were wearing white hats and two were wearing black hats, and if one of them could shout out the color of his own hat, all four of them would be set free. If any of them said something other than the color of his own hat, they would all be killed.

How do the prisoners escape?

Hint: Rather, who is most likely to shout out the color of his own hat?

P.S. No cheating with Google-san.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Choree

• 412Chie

• Fake2

• fan_yaoi

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the last person can see the two people in front, and he chose to be quiet, it means that the two of them would have different hats. Thus, the middle person can safely say that his hat is different from the person in front of him. Something like that?

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
that's a good lead, but how will the middle one be able to tell which colour the one in the back has ?

There's only 4 people, 2 wearing white and 2 wearing black. Imagine if you are the last person, if you see two people in the front both with the same colored hat, you would have automatically shout out the opposite color. But if you kept quiet, it mean that you would have one of the colored hat you see from the two people. Thus, when the middle person know that you can't answer, he can be sure that his hat isn't the same color as the one in front of him

yep yep i got that, but the middle person still won't be able to know whether his hat is black or white just from these infos

Edit :

You know what ? ....just give me the award of the most stupid brain on Earth -___- . Believe me or not, I also started with the same thought - which is why I asked Saga if they were actually like the image shown - but left the idea cos of my stupid reasoning....

I was focused on the hat behind, when there was just NO NEED AT ALL

Just....hide me into a hole deep down the Earth

xD read. Riddles are meant to be mind wrecking. I asked my sister for help with this one. Apparently, she saw this before

So if the last person can see the two people in front, and he chose to be quiet, it means that the two of them would have different hats. Thus, the middle person can safely say that his hat is different from the person in front of him. Something like that?

Correct.

I might be completely wrong but here is my reasoning :

O T T F F S () E N T ->I don't know why the 'O' at the beginning, but then there is the 'T' before the 'F', then you take 'F' again to put a 'S' after (T goes after S), so here i put the 'S' again to then put the 'E' that goes before the 'F'

now i know i'm definetly wrong....well done if you understood any of my nonsense

nice try. But the answer is actually really stupid.

It's:

One Two Three Four and so on xD

HAHAHAHHA

x) you made me roll on the floor

you're right ! it is a mirror :D !