• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• misakixusagi

• Hana_Bara

• fatimaah

• gin

For me the question would probably be have you ever not cried reading a manga. I tend to emotionally involve myself into the plot and the characters so yeah I cry all the time.

Especially if in shounen, sport and psychological manga.

• 3 weeks later...

yup, i lot of times....even if i re-read those mangas, i still cry even though i know what will happen~~ it breaks my heart T__T

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I cry all the time, because I'm a very sensitive person I guess. But yeah things that touch my heart will always give me tears, mostly because I find it so beautiful.

yoneda kou's works - though i don't read them often - always seem to make me cry. maybe that's why i don't like reading them a lot; it's exhausting to cry because of sadness and whatnot.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the first manga I ever read was Shounen Zanzou by Kaori Yuki and I remember crying, although I can't remember all that happened there. Maybe I will read it again. Other than that, there were some other mangas that made me feel quite heartbroken, but none of them are so vivid in my head as Shounen Zanzou. I'm certain I won't have the same reaction the second time I read it, tho.

• 1 month later...

I cry. A LOT. (lol)

I don't know... maybe I'm just being overly-melodramatic or hypersensitive most of the time but I cry to every sad/tragic BL story I read. And then I'd get depressed too haha

One of the manga I am currently reading is "Yondaime Ooyamato Tatsuyuki." Chapter 6 made me cry. It upset me greatly, and filled my brain with AAARGH MUST KILL.

Hence my new avatar!!

Thank you, YO, for providing an e-therapy couch! ♡

• 1 month later...

Tokyo Ghoul.... I don't know what it is but that gets me every time. Also, I cried when I read Junjo Romantica because Usami and I have had a similar life.

Haou Airen is soo good and well written. The last few chapter were tear jerking. Everybody should know about that manga. PS It would have been cherry on top if it was a yaoi, its shoujo but still good story.

• 1 month later...

I'm a very emotional reader so cried while reading quite a few mangas :D

- kuroneko kareshi no afurekata, when shingo and kagami broke up

- blood bank, when one left shell

- mods, shiro just made me cry because of his history and his fear to fall in love

- ai o kou kemono, the whole story is just sad

- 19 days, after jian yi kissed zhan xixi and ran off because he was confused because of his feelings and started crying

- totally captivated, also had a few scenes that touched my kokoro. especially when ewon left mookyul because he couldn't abandon his "father"

• 2 months later...

- totally captivated, also had a few scenes that touched my kokoro. especially when ewon left mookyul because he couldn't abandon his "father"

Totally remember the moment,

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I try to avoid any sad manga

But still.... Tokyo goul...how could I miss it!

Acid town, Sora o Daite Oyasumi, Let Dai................

• 2 months later...

Hell yes! I'm always a crying mess when my precious gay babies are hurt in any way. I love reading tragic stories because they shot right through to my already too shattered heart T^T

• 2 weeks later...

It is not a yaoi...but Koizora made me cry for days.

Also, God Child from Kaori Yukki, didn't make me cry, but left me with this empty feeling for days.

I think I must have posted about the animes somewhere else : But

- Full Metal Alchimist (the first one) ....no comments, it is the lmost beautiful thing I've ever watched

- Hybrid Child : the last story was unbearable :(

The last time I cried on manga was when I read "Kokoro wo Korosu Houhou" chapter 11.5, when Hanabusa-san finally realized that he was wrong to accuse Haruki-san of cheating and broke up. Especially the part when Haruki-san's crying face was shown clearly and those tears, uughh T.T can't take it..

and there's the kind of story that gives a throwback, just remembering how the first time I read a certain character and they had developed so well that it triggers my motherly instinct (what?) just like when I watched the last episode of Naruto and cried remembering him and the father-son relationship with Iruka-sensei (I know it's teacher-student relationship but well XD)... or when I read Fairy Tail and the time Wendy had to use Dragon Force, I just bawl after reminiscing how she was this cute little girl that needs to be protected and now she's strong enough to protect another life... or the one from Koe no Katachi where Shouya was this little jerk that turns to be a gentleman after finally realizing his fault and tried to make amends.

Ah, there's that one manga by Ogeretsu Tanaka titled "Lonely to Organdy" that after reading it and cried my heart out, it still hurt me until the next two days (not so long, huh XD) it leaves a scar in my heart that I never thought about touching that story again (sorry not sorry). How I wished that Akira would be revealed to be just in a comma or something (like 23:45)

And the last one is the most cliche reason to cry... yes, the death of your favorite character T.T

It always give me a stinging pain in the heart just remembering them :Sad:

Thank you XD (I just feel like whining right now with all the stress from work)

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen anyone mention it in this thread, but anyone else cried to Complex?

Like, I am not the emotional type at all. I get invested in good stories and all but I just never cry. But like.. 8-10 years ago when I wanted to read shota I picked up Complex and quite some hours later I was bawling my fucking eyes out and I'm so glad I was home alone because my mum would have freaked the way I just sat there crying my eyes out for like fifteen fucking minutes or something.

Only time I ever cried reading manga. I just got really invested in the characters and with that kinda ending I just.. going into it expecting some simple shota and following the same characters through all that shit. I was not ready for it.

most of Ogeretsu Tanaka's works make me cry all the time every time :(

it's a good thing, but sometimes just toooooooo sad~~~

• 2 weeks later...

Komachi Katsura - Hana to Junketsu last chapter was like an impact for me...

I'm saying, when the lovely baby said, "He won't return,", "Everyone leaves me."

My tears fall like gravity is the only thing that exists in the world