Old School Yaoi

Neko-chan

In your opinion what do you think is "old school yaoi/shounen ai"? It's really simple. Old can mean anything to anyone. However if its recent, than obviously it won't apply. There are just some things that should be shelved in the "classic" section of any yaoi library. For instance in Shoujo there are works like Fushigi Yuugi and Sailor Moon. Everyone would normally be acquainted with them. So what do you think :)

• Like 1

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morinaga's Girl

• animegirl

• yaoi-fangirl01

• milo001

Bronze, Ai no Kusabi, Fish in the Trap, Zetsu Ai, Fujimi Orchestra, X/1999, Tokyo Babylon, FAKE, Kizuna, Level C, Lesson XX.

I'm only citing the ones I've watched..I forgot the names of the others though. These are what I can remember for now.

• 2 months later...

the old scool BL anime i watched :

Bronze and Zetsuai , Ai no Kusabi,Sukisyo, (those the one i like)

the rest i didnt like it

Fish in the Trap, Fujimi Orchestra, FAKE, Kizuna, Level C, Lesson XX. Kaze to ki no uta,After School in the Teacher's Lounge,BeBoy Kidnappin Idol!, Boku no Sexual Harassment ,Boku wa Konomana Kaeranai ,Legend of the Blue Wolves,

Seikimatsu Darling

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
It's really simple.

Oh I disagree so much. The early yaoi like Kaze to Ki no Uta has a beautiful and tragic story line. The first yaoi where more true to real life (as much as you can in yaoi) covering torment that gay people will be more likely to feel. In the 90s it started changing to more fluff and sex, and the 00's just went to almost pure childish story lines at times, with a few really good ones but better quality art work. Give me the simple art work and complex story lines of the early yaoi then newer yaoi any day.

• 9 months later...
Oh I disagree so much. The early yaoi like Kaze to Ki no Uta has a beautiful and tragic story line. The first yaoi where more true to real life (as much as you can in yaoi) covering torment that gay people will be more likely to feel. In the 90s it started changing to more fluff and sex, and the 00's just went to almost pure childish story lines at times, with a few really good ones but better quality art work. Give me the simple art work and complex story lines of the early yaoi then newer yaoi any day.

I second that..although the art are more pleasing to the eye now..they just dont make stories the same way as before..the angst ...oh boy i miss the angst......

or maybe its becoz they are trying to catch the mainstream audience???so they make shoujo like yaoi...

m