Let us test your decision making...

K

my brother lives on the other side of the world so l would be going to the airport anyway two birds one stone. However l would hope that l would have the brains to have made up with him sooner the longer you leave it the harder it is.

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• K

• BlueRayman

• 현애

• pandicream

"Blood is thicker than water" .. Yes but the idea behind this quote is blood will clog your throat if you drink it.. So water is obviously the key way to go! But besides that i'd pick my brother because #1 I am an independent and ignorant woman and in no way will I ever settle an issue.. that is the person at fault's problem, And I can never be at fault. Plus he doesn't really love you if he makes you choose between those two and if he understands he will fly back to comfort you. <. if he doesn who needs him..>

• Like 1

It'll be brother. Well, I would tell him that my brother is in an accident, and family is important because they were there for you in your life longer than with your lover.

Besides, if he really love me/whoever, he'll understand. It'll hurt if he didn't...

• Like 1

That would depend on which brother it was. If it was my younger brother then I'd choose him, if not then it's off to the airport I suppose. My older brother should be able to take care of himself, no way I'd force myself to go to a hospital for him. Well, I don't like airports either but I would like to see him before he leaves. I would make sure he regrets it and apologizes for the ultimatum and trying to break up via text.

• Like 1

I think it would be more of a test for my "partner" that for me. I'd go to my brother without a second thought. First of all, because you have a quarrel vs. an accident, that pretty much speaks for itself; and secondly and as kyuhyun24 said before, blood is thicker than water.

So the thing is, if I text him saying "I'm sorry but my brother had an accident, I won't be able to meet you." then his answer would settle the situation instead of mine. If he understands and postpones the matter, then ok, it's an extra point for him, if not, then he can go away for as long as he wants for all I care.

• Like 1

I guess everyone would go to their brother first out of pure instinct, yes while you are with your brother you would be thinking of your lover and what they are thinking, where they are etc.

But if later once you have seen your brother and know he will be ok, and call them to explain they should accept it if they truly love you, otherwise they are not worth the heart ache.

Just my two pence worth :)

• Like 1

My bros are cool but..I'm not inlove with them! So I wouldn't go check on him but if the guilt from my family gets on me for not going to c if he's alright would make me regret, seeing my lover but I would definitely make things up with my lover cuz who know what the future could hold

• Like 1

I'd choose my brother all the way.If my lover truly loved me he would understand the situation and if he doesn't he wasn't the right person to be with.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

hmm.. brother for me.. i can make up with him over the phone.. if my lover is open minded then he will understand me and the situation..

Brother. My family's more important than a boyfriend. Maybe this guy isn't replaceable, but if he really wanted to work things out with me, then he would understand that I had to go see if my brother is okay.

• 1 month later...

Which brother though? :p

Anyways, it doesn't matter. I would still choose my brother. They all maybe annoying but it's they're part of family and one of a kind. You can never replace a sibling, because you will never get another one who is the actual one.

And if HE can't understand that, then it's better being over.

I'll choose my brother. After I know that my brother is okay, that's the time I'll call my partner and explain to him what goes wrong. If ever I didn't catch on him. Then I'll wait for his return. But, if he doesn't hear me out maybe its really over for us. *On my side I can say that I try before letting him go.

• 1 month later...

Blood is thicker than water. Sure, my brother won't spend the rest of his life with me and I wouldn't be able to have a new family with him, but simply because he's my first family, I'd place him first.

But I'd naturally call my BL and tell him what's happened and that, if things hadn't come in between, I would have gone to meet him. And if he understood, it would be proof that he loved me back and understood my predicament. If he broke thigs up between us, I'd see it as proof that he doesn't trust me and then I'd say, even if it hurt like hell at first, goodbye to good riddance

I would definitely choose my brother, an accident is far more serious than a quarell with a lover...and also you have only one family...

Lover no question about it. The brother has already had the accident visiting him straight away won't change it and I'd like to think that the lover would love me enough to delay the business trip to go with me to the hospital. I struggle visiting people in hospital, I find it really hard; but I'm fine as a patient (lots of practice at that).

Hard to say.

BlueRayman, makes a fair point about not been able to do anything for your brother if visiting straight away.

On the other hand would you really want to be dropping everything for someone who is willing to toss your relationship away on the grounds of if you will or will not come running to them when they ask you to?

For me it would depend on how I felt about my lover. As once your in a very long term relationship that person becomes half your life. You relay on each other for almost everything and become more to each then what you could ever become with a brother in a healthy relationship. Plus will your brother have more important people he would rather see, such as his own children, wife, lover, ect before seeing you?

On the other hand would you really want to be dropping everything for someone who is willing to toss your relationship away on the grounds of if you will or will not come running to them when they ask you to?

That's a good point but if the situation was reversed woulddn't you want them to come running, I figure everybody needs a bit of a grand gesture every now and again.

This could be the starting point for a new manga, you know when they start the story midway through then cut to how they met in the next chapter.

Many hypothetical comments. Instead of going for 'how one would react', I'd go for 'how humans would react' in such a situation. In fact, there is that main pattern to mind in certain situations. And of course, an additional one which I call 'special'. Special minds have it really hard in life, but mostly their logic and rationality are iron-like. Not to mention, a third pattern which follows no logic, but it still makes sense. The absurd and paradox. However, all of them suffer in their own uniqueness.

I hardly doubt that 100% of the cases will recall about their lover in the moment of the bad news. More or less at least 45% of the people would go rational and rush to their family; later on they would explain the situation to their lover. Of course, that doesn't really mean the lover in question won't feel a bit 'ignored' (trying not to use certain words, so I make my point). It certainly depends on one's mind and understandings how they would react/feel about it - each side; the lover and the person whose brother had accident.

It's hard to justify each side. Probably a detail is skipped; the reason of the fight. How about, if you cheated on your lover? You feel really guilty and don't want to lose them? It rings a different story now, doesn't it? To give a fully relatively good answer is actually out of question. Each being takes their own priorities and principles for right over the wrong; but then again, what is right and wrong?

So, all depends on the person; and the mind pattern I mentioned.

But if I have to speak strictly about myself, although the reason of the fight is really important yet not given in the conditional sentence, I'd rush to my brother. Family is strength. Of course, I am not saying all families are perfect and you should be obligated to go to your family. Because you see, the family was main part in your life, or whatever. No. I am far from the thought each family is flowers and gold. Even so, family is strength. If you can't care about your current family even a bit, I don't see what family you would build up in future. Being ignorant of family's needs means to be ignorant about relationship's needs. And of course, when I make this decision, I don't even expect of my lover to suit themselves with my choice. When the time comes, I'd find them and try to fix any misunderstanding on their part. I guess, there will be one at least.

hmmm..i guess i would go to my brother since i'm really close with my family..but i would definitely at least text my lover and tell him what happened..if he wouldn't care and would just leave me..well i guess he's just an ass and doesn't deserve anyone loving him! :p

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

man this is an old thread.

This is pretty easy actually. Hands down brother.

If I have to go and meet you to reconcile rather than just do it over the phone from hospital than break up is probably better. Also he left text msg instead of just straight up call or meet me that night, this guys is not serious at all.