Haters gonna hate, but I'm just gonna...

cruciatus

Hi! Some of you may know that I'm a part of some communities like Yaoiotaku and Aarin. You may also be aware that I frequently share mangas there, be it scanlated mangas (always credited to the respective scan group) or Japanese Raws.

Of late, I've seen people questioning the source of these Japanese raws and badmouthing me or the community as a result. So let me make a few things very clear:

Yes, I do get some of the raws from "those" sites. Why should I not, when they're being shared freely and anonymously, with no strings attached.

The underlying assumption that I do not purchase my own raws or am not supporting the mangakas is completely baseless.

GgGzDi8.png

I'm far from proficient in Japanese, but I still buy tankoubons (and sometimes magazines) when I can.

And look, while some people might get off on displaying that they bought this BL tankoubon or that BL magazine, I'm not one of them. It goes without saying that those who're buying their own stuff are free to do whatever the heck they want with it — share it, don't share it, watermark it or whatever.

Just because I'm sharing some of my stuff freely, on good faith, some people in the BL community are assuming that I'm a "leecher" who steals raws and claims credit for them. Wow, aren't you guys just lovely humans!

Of course, they're completely entitled to their inflated sense of superiority because they're supporting mangakas by binge-buying, or they just have a fondness for dragging other people down.

But spare me if I don't flaunt the fact that I too buy raws as well as licensed mangas when they become available in my country. I'm not that desperate to make a point.

If a person or a scanlator approaches me, requesting permission for raws when I've never explicitly claimed to be the scanner, watermarked the raws or demanded to be credited — it makes me happy, because it shows there're decent people in this community. If they're my raws (i.e. I've bought the ebook, de-DRM'd, extracted and zipped it), I ask that they mention "Cruciatus" as the raw provider. If they're raws sourced from the internet, I just tell them to go ahead.

It's unrealistic to expect that everyone should buy the raws. First of all, how dare you make assumptions about a person's circumstances? There are always either langauge, cultural/religious or financial barriers. I was a student once. Forget Yaoi, most of the population in my country has no clue what manga is. So the only way for me is depend on "those sites" for BL mangas or to buy the ebooks.

I can do the latter now because I'm earning enough to afford it and have the devices to read them on while in the privacy of my own room. Not everyone else is lucky enough to be able to do so.

I believe that the internet cannot be controlled. Which is why I share my stuff and the ones available freely online within these communities. I shared them freely before, I shared them freely even after they were stolen and misused by other people, and I'll continue to share them freely going forth. Think of that what you will, I've never been the least bothered by the opinions of sheep.

Source:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatieMH25!

• cruciatus

• 桜の夢

• Little Hamster

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry for what happened to you

I think that getting raws from a free websides are fine, because that is why they make it, if other want to blame you for dl raws from there is a weird, if they want to protest about they 'arguing' that didn't support the mangaka they should told the webside admin, not you. For me why I read bl online because that my country had this rule that bl or yuri manga are forbidden to officially translate and sold, only shoujo, jousei, shounen, seinen that can be officially published.

please don't mind them, just think they're as a jealousy people. (I'm sorry if my English kinda bad)

First, thank you so much for always sharing all these mangas with us. I'm sorry that some people are speaking badly about you when you're only helping others so kindly in this way. I have a job too and buy some mangas but I like to know how good it is before buying. When you share that manga here I can find out and also know of such nice new mangas and mangakas. So please keep doing as you are, I will always support you. Much love ~

I think what are you doing for the fans who can't buy manga (like me) is very admirable because the fans get to enjoy something they wouldn't normally have read and it even promotes the mangaka as their works are reaching wider consumers that they wouldn't have been able to reach on their own. You should ignore what other people have said about you as they have no appreciation for your hard work! Hope you don't let them get you down and continue with sharing stuff! :D