An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

"You did!" Kaine complained with a soft whine. Even though he knew that Tenmo had a point, but even when his fiance had originally thought his mother had disappeared at the border or was killed by vampires he had still warmed up to him. Pretty instantly too if Kaine thought back to that first night, sure they had approached each other hesitant at first but that had gone away quite quickly. He could accept and like the progress that Shi had made too, even if it was just going because Otso had convinced him to do so. At the same time Kaine knew that Shi was not Tenmo and thus wouldn't respond the same way his fiance had. "I love you puppy." He murmured as he rested his head on his puppy's chest.

Solaria was not making anything easy on her or Shi and when the other pulled his legs up and buried his face in his knees she could already figure out why. Otso was soon coming to their aide though offering for Solaria to show him her room while they were able to take a moment to get ahold of themselves again. For a moment she didn't move but soon she moved over to Shi hesitantly reaching out and setting her hand on his shoulder gently. "I'm sorry about Solaria... she's... all on romance and being a matchmaker and all of that." She said with a soft laugh. "

"I suppose you are right.." Tenmo said with a small nod, in a similar situation to Shi when he first met Kaine. His mother was supposedly killed by a vampire and yet he loved Kaine, or at least fascinated by him, at first sight. "I am sure Shi won't meet a vampire and want to fuck them..They actually literally died in front of them. But hey, stranger has happened' Tenmo said with a light shrug.

He was not sure if he could understand Solarias fascination with him and Alise. She seemed bent on teasing him just like Otso, he could only handle one Otso at a time or at least tolerate it. Shi tensed up for a moment when he felt a hand touch him, huffing in some sort of acknowledgment of her comment. He nodded, agreeing she seemed to be obsessed with romance. Shi pulled out his phone, typing a quick -Sit-, gesturing to the floor. He took a deep breath and rested his head in her lap. If it might get Solaria to leave him alone, he would do it once. And...it was...surprisingly soft...Shi thought as he looked in any direction other than Alise's face.

"It could happen." Kaine commented feeling like if the right vampire came along that Shi could find his opinion of them changing. Sure it may not be like with him and Tenmo, but it could be similar in a sense. It wasn't like he wasn't being introduced to the best right off the bat, he wasn't just being thrown to the coven and expected to play nice. He was meeting probably the best member before anyone else. "But he is also being introduced to the best of the coven right away. You can't get any better than Alise." Kaine added with a small smile leaning up for another kiss.

Watching as Shi pulled his phone out she looked down to see the message and saw him give the motion to sit. For a moment she didn't really respond but after a second she was shifting and sitting down on the floor before Shi was moving to put his head in her lap. Alise was definitely surprised but she didn't mind either, though for a moment her hand had remained frozen between wanting to pat his head or run her fingers through his hair as a natural reaction to anyone putting their head in her lap. But she didn't want Shi to react negatively towards him either which made her wait for a moment before she just decided to ask if he would get upset if she did so. "Would it bother you if I... were to you know... pat your head or something?" She asked looking for a simple nod or shake of his head in response not expecting anything else from him.

Her lap was warm..and it seems so inviting and not forced in this odd kind of way. Shi kept his head there and was going to move when Alise has asked if she could pat his head. She..even asked him if he wanted to be touched? It was weird..Shi thought as he nodded that it was okay if she did. Shi tensed up for a moment before feeling her hand on his head. Soft..so soft...Shi thought as his Brian was having a temper tantrum with other parts of his brain. But he didn’t move, even closing his eyes for a moment in a moment of letting his guard down.

“Alise seems like a nice woman” Tenmo agreed, returning his kiss. “She didn’t seem one to want to fight in the battle and she defended human me being brought home as a snack against Bryan. If she can’t win him over, it will be hard for anyone else” He teased with a small chuckle.

Alise was quite happy when Shi nodded letting her know that it was okay for her to pet his head or even touch him. She knew that it probably was not an easy thing for him to let her do, but he was allowing her to do so despite that. Reaching out at first she just sat her hand on his head watching as he seemed to suddenly relax his eyes drifting shut. With that she ran her fingers through his hair gently and slowly, not wanting to press any buttons or cross any lines. She figured the slow motion of her hand was enough for Shi to indicate whether or not this was pushing things to far and that she should stop doing so.

"You have a point. Alise is in a sense the vampire version of Otso when it comes to winning people over. If she can't do it, no one else can." Kaine admitted with a soft laugh. Letting his eyes drift shut he nuzzled into the other's chest a small smile appearing. "He's in good hands." Kaine absently added with a soft yawn.

Shi didn’t remember the last time he felt so relaxed and content..vampire or otherwise. Someone asked to touch him and he was still expecting to hate it but he enjoyed the others touch. He didn’t even care that her fingers ran through his hair, and that especially he was particular about. He did tense up a moment but quickly relaxed. He quite enjoyed the touch and never wanted to leave. Otso was walkkng by the doorway and went wide eyed, quickly guiding what was probably Solaria far away from the door. Shi was letting someone touch him like that..And even he won’t ruin that.

“Go to sleep my little vampire..we got a busy day ahead and you seem tired” Tenmo said with a soft smile, holding Kaine close. He had Kaine and he could be doing anything with him and enjoy his company.

It was nice and peaceful, she was enjoying their quiet peaceful moment together. Alise had felt Shi tense beneath her stroking fingers at first but he had relaxed a second later giving her the impression that he really didn't mind her doing so. He was relaxed and that made it easy for her to relax as well. For a while she had forgotten that Otso and Solaria were due back in the room any minute. It was so easy to forget about in such a nice moment, leaning back on her left hand she continued to pat stroke her fingers through his hair. Figuring she was going to do this for as long as he would let her.

"Don't want to." Kaine mumbled when he was told to go to sleep, though he definitely liked the sound of being called his little vampire. Though he was definitely feeling a little tired he didn't want to go to sleep yet. Wanting to cuddle and talk more instead of sleeping, there would be plenty of time to do that later.

Shi hummed quietly and seemed to relax further and further in her touch. He kind of forgot himself for a moment, forgetting who was touching him and where he was. He was enjoying the content bliss of being touched in a way he liked. His wolf ears twitched a bit before even his tail and ears went away, near dozing off he was so comfortable.

“Well what do you want to talk about..?” Tenmo spoke softly, wanting to stay in this relaxed mood. He was content and didn’t mind just laying there and talking for a little bit longer. They would be or might be busy next two days with nerves and the wedding..and after the wedding.

As they were having this moment together she noticed that his ears and tail seemed to disappear after so long, apparently he was comfortable enough to start falling asleep which made her smile. Oddly, knowing that Shi was this comfortable around her made her really happy having heard about his past. At least he was comfortable around her, even if they had just met today. Alise liked to think she was a positive representative of what and who vampires were, and this seemed to only make her feel like this was true even more.

"Hmm... animals." Kaine murmured when he was asked what he wanted to talk about. "Is there anything you guys don't hunt? Can't hunt?" He continued to elaborate on the topic a little more. For some reason this topic had just sprouted up, he wanted to know more about Tenmo and his habits. What he could and could not hunt was something he was highly interested in. Wondering if there was something that he was not able to or just not allowed to hunt.

“hmm...as far as animals go nothing is really off limits” Tenmo said as he thought about animals. “We try to keep hunting of certain animals to a minimum each hunt so we don’t wipe out he population of course. But humans, they are the only thing we can’t hunt. We aren’t supposed to attack them even unless they attack us first” Tenmo said with a small nod.

Shi had even fallen asleep on her lap, indicated by the slow breathing. He was perfectly content for a bit, sleeping happily in her lap. He seemed to twitch a little, a quiet “..mom...” escaping his lips as he seemed in the midst of a bad dream. “Mom...Dad..No!” Shi shot up, claws out and swiping the air as he started to heavily breathe, eyes shooting open.

"So... bunnies?" Kaine asked softly for some reason his mind had focused quite hard on the little fluff balls when Tenmo told him that no animals were really off limits. That it wasn't until they got to humans that there was any type of restriction and that was a hard not allowed. Not that Kaine was particularly surprised, the pack didn't particularly strike him as human killers or anything.

Alise had noticed that Shi had fallen asleep but she didn't remotely mind, when he had said a quiet 'mom' she grew concerned though. That concern was clearly for a reason when he shot up claws out and swiping the air, clearly being rather suddenly and harshly woken from the dream. "Shi... it's okay. You're okay." Alise whispered softly as she gently reached out for him not wanting to startle him anymore than he already was or have him turn on her.

Shi got startled by the hand approaching him having just woken up from the bed dream, reaching out and grabbing the wrist and quickly pinning the person to the floor with a quiet growl. It took him a moment to realize who it was, his grips loosening on the others wrists and quickly getting off of her, away from the compromising position. He felt even more scared than he was..

Tenmo chuckled at Kaine mentioning bunnies. “Even bunnies..Although that is hardly a meal and more of a very light snack” He said with a laugh. “Although chasing the little bastards can be a work out at times” He laughed again a bit quieter.

Alise was startled by the sudden action looking up at Shi when she heard the growl, her own growl stopped right in her throat since she was able to get ahold of the instinct immediately. Growling back would not help this situation and the quick response that happened by Shi pulling back showed her that he had come to his senses on his own quite quickly. "Are you okay?" She asked softly at first not moving, not wanting to startle him again, that and she had to admit it wasn't like lying there was uncomfortable to begin with. "I'm sorry if I scared you... I know you're probably a bit sensitive right now." She had heard what he said in his sleep and that meant that he probably wasn't in the right frame of mind.

"They're cute." Kaine murmured when Tenmo had said even bunnies. He could get that chasing them was also probably quite the workout sometimes, knowing that they definitely weren't slow animals. "And fluffy." The added comment was barely said already feeling himself falling asleep as they were talking about it.

Why did I stop? I could have easily killed her and I stopped...She is a vampire and I was in every position to attack and her her and I stopped? Why did I stop? Why was looking down at her and pinning her giving me weird feelings? Shis mind was going a mile a minute, shaking his head with a small no. Shi sat next to her and looking down at her. Why are you so nice to me..? Why are you being so goddamn nice?! Shi has quickly leaned down and pecked her on the lips, eyes widening at the sudden gesture and quickly stumbling back towards the nearest wall. What’s happening..?! He thought as his face was a bright red, not sure what he was more terrified of now.

“Yes..and fluffy” Tenmo said as he kissed the top of the others head. He pulled Kaine closer and made sure they both had plenty of blanket wrapped around each other. He knew Kaine was getting tired and would deny it if he asked. “They are very fluffy and delicious when I need a smaller snack..and to help control the population”

Alise watched Shi who had shook his head telling her that he was not alright. This made her frown a little, but a moment later he was leaning over her again and pecking her on the lips. This time her eyes widened and she watched as his did the same before he was quickly stumbling back towards the nearest wall. Sitting up she watched him for a moment before he was moving over to him and reaching out for his hand to pull him over to one of the chairs again. "Come here." she said softly as she sat him down in the chair before moving to sit in the other one. Giving him a friendly smile, "Why don't you tell me about your dream? Or you can... text it to me if that's easier?" She offered. Reaching for his phone to add her number to it.

Kaine hummed happily when he felt the kiss on the top of his head and was pulled closer, the blanket being wrapped around them better and making him quite comfortable. A soft almost non existent laugh coming from him when Tenmo said they were fluffy and delicious when he needed a smaller snack. "Large families." Kaine mumbled. "I want a bunny."

Shi let Alise pull him despite all this to the chair, feeling calmer but at the same time more anxious. He didn’t know why he kissed her like that and t only made him feel worse. He blush quickly went away, skin pale as normal. He was seated and Alise sat by him. He was glad when she offered to do it through text, hesitantly handing her his phone. He took his phone back and stared at the screen for a moment, looking at her number. Shis thumbed hovered over the board for a moment as he began to type.

-My parents. They were killed by vampires right in front of me when I was younger. My scars are my parents trying to push me out of the way and protect me. That’s how my mother died..My father soon after-

“Okay little vampires We will get you a bunny” Tenmo chuckled, kissing the top of his head. He slowly started to close his eyes, happy for how cute Kaine was.

Reading the text that Shi sent her she felt really bad for him, but there was also something akin to happiness knowing it wasn't a vampire that had caused those scars. "I can't imagine how difficult that had to be for you." She said as she looked up from her phone and looked to him there was a sadness and yet a sense of understanding in her eyes. "Was it... near the border?" She asked. Alise wanted to know if there was even the slightest chance that this had happened here and could be the fault of any member of the coven. The last thing that Alise wanted was for Shi to potentially run into the vampire or vampires that had done this to him and his parents so many years ago.

"Yay..." Kaine murmured softly his eyes already closed. "He'll have a cute little house..." He whispered before he was shifting to lay more on the other enjoying the added warmth given by Tenmo and the sound of his breathing and steady heartbeat. A moment later and Kaine was fast asleep.

-I think so? I try not to think of the details too much..- Shi types out, hanging his head over his phone. “-It just angers and upsets me more thinking about it. Sorry I attacked you like that..and the other thing- Shi types, referring to the kiss. -I don’t know why I did that- “It...scares me..everything..” Shi finally spoke up, hating this feeling of vulnerability. He hated feeling weak, he hated he was spilling his guts to some random vampire he met today, who he already called cute and even quickly kissed in a moment of confusing thoughts.

Alise felt bad when Shi said that he thought so, telling him that he tried not to think about it too much. That was fair, she wouldn't want to think about something traumatic like that either. The rest made her give him a smile, "You don't need to apologize to me, Shi. I get it. You were startled after the dream and clearly scared, it was a natural response." Alise wasn't about to blame Shi for what had happened, he had been scared from his dream and was startled when she had reached out for him. "I know. I'm sure all of this can be... and is... scary. Especially after all you've been through already." She added giving him a gentle smile. Moving her chair closer to him she reached out and gently set her hand over his. "After having a dream like that your reactions were justified."

Shi breathed heavily as he was trying to calm himself down. He didn’t even know why he felt so comfortable around the vampire and that only scared him more. The uncertainty of it all and not understanding why she was being so nice after knowing what he had gone through and what he can and could have easily done to her. Shi felt the others hand on his, carefully and hesitantly closing around it, holding her hand.

Alise gave Shi a small smile when his hand wrapped around hers, holding it gently. "You know... I think that you're really strong. You went through a lot at a really young age that you never should have had to experience." Alise admitted wanting Shi to know that. She found him strong for all he had been through, especially after he had the chance to hurt her or even kill her and hadn't taken it. Patting his hand gently she then ran her thumb against the smooth skin, "I'm also sorry... for everything you went through." She wanted to say that too. Even though there was nothing she ever could have done to stop it.

Shi felt calmer already when the others thumb gently stroked the back of his hand. He was glad it was just the two of them..There was no way he could be this vulnerable around Otso and the little girl. He should be more open to Otso and not Whatever was happening now. His thumb carefully ran over the back of her hand, leaning over and leaning his head on the others shoulder. He was supposed to be the strong one, the strong and the silent...Not the soft and the mushy.

His head was resting on her shoulder and she just continued to rub the back of his hand with her thumb as silence fell between them. It seemed as though they really did not need to speak right now, which was kind of nice. She had always wanted to have a friend... or maybe more? Someone she could just sit with silently and not need to talk too all the time. Leaning her head on his a little, "Maybe... we can go to the wedding as a couple?" Alise asked this hesitantly, but she kind of wanted them to go as a couple versus going separately and having one dance together. Granted she was still very happy that he had agreed to save her a dance.

He found her shoulder quite relaxing, able to go back to the sense of calm he felt earlier. He felt like he was at ease around the vampire, he even let her touch him! Shis wolf ears popped out, hearing the question and not sure how to respond. His mind had an internal crisis..But figures he might as well. “Yes...” Shi said quietly, not sure why he said yes or how he felt about it all, but he actually said yes. Everything was unknown territory from here..

For a moment there wasn't any response, and she had a feeling that meant he either wasn't going to respond at all or it was going to be a no. Either way she didn't know why she really cared, it wasn't like he hadn't already promised her a dance at the wedding and she shouldn't really expect him to give her anything more than that. Vampires had already put him through a lot after all. But a moment later he said yes, actually verbally responded to her which made her beam happily at the thought. It also made her all the more happy to be wearing the dress she was going to wear since he had helped her pick it out.