A Bite of Life (18+)(mik3la)

virtualoo

They were all moved in the living room and David, Blake's father came in with some drinks. Hugging his boy and the rest of the boys he turn to Aaron.

"Dad ... this is Aaron. My ... boyfriend and mate" he said quickly taking a deep breath.

Blakes mother looked at David and she whispered "He's a halfling"

"We kind of need your help with some information", said Blake as his mother sat down as the rest of the boys did.

"Dad , i know you are older in the pack . Maybe you heard of Aarons parents or something that happened years ago" he added bitting his lip, holding Aaron by the hand.

David looked over the strange boy, hearing his wife whisper that the boy was a halfling. Not unheard of but not common either. He looked over the young boy who looked rather nervous, even his ears twitched like he has never stepped inside a wolf home before.

“A halfling boy who lost their parents..” David mused, trying to think of any half breed couples or pups from his years in the pack. “Are you sure your name had always been Aaron..?” He tilted his head curiously. “I can only thing of one case In the last few years”

Aaron’s eyes widened and he held Blake’s hand tight. He..might know my parents. He might actually know my parents..! But that also made him nervous..what if they were still alive? What if they were dead? He squeezed Blake’s hand tighter, biting on his tongue so his mouth wouldn’t open in pure stress and show his fangs.

“Are you sure your name had always been Aaron..?”

Blake looked confused at his father, than looked at Aaron and their hands. He tried to calm the other holding him by the arm.

"What do you mean dad?"

“I can only thing of one case In the last few years”

"Well start talking don't leave us hanging" he said quickly starting to get nervous as well

“Well, a few years back, A young couple has only just given birth to a halfling child, who was more wolf. The father, a wolf, had fallen for a vampire woman. The relationship confused a lot of people, made it more surprising that two different species had a successful birth. A little boy..” David started to say before he continued. “But one day..Another vampire came along. They took the child and..well..the child was assumed dead” He said quietly, holding his wife’s hand. “I don’t know what became of your mother..And your father, he is very much alive” He nodded with a small smile. “Honey, is he home?” He turned to his wife.

Aaron’s wolf tail wagged madly behind him. He finally knew what his birth parents were..he was a vampire wolf hybrid front he beginning..! His dad was still alive!! The hand that held Blake’s shook, he was..so happy!

“Honey, is he home?”

"I don't know darling. You know he kind of keeps to himself ever since" said Blakes mother looking to her husband.

"But do you know where he lives?" asked quickly Blake knowing that that was was most important

"He is on the lake house. He lived there ever since" she said refering to the lake house at the end of town. "The one near the bridge" she added biting her lip. She was acting kind of nervous but Blake didn't asked why or whatsoever.

The other boys were speechless.

"then we should go and talk to him. The sooner the better" said Blake getting up.

Aaron was excited but also nervous..What if his father didn’t like him? What if his father didn’t want to see him? He finally had his biological father in his grasps and he didn’t want to lose the link to his family. Not who he thought was his father..but his real actual father.

“Thank you..Thank you both” Aaron said with a small smlle. He was so happy right now..He had to see what his father looked like. “Let’s go..I want to see my real father!” Aaron smiled happily while David looked toward his wife’s nervous glance.

"Just be careful kids" said his mother sighing.

Blake nodded and hugged them both and dragged Aaron to the car, setting the navy system and drove to the lake house.

It didnt took long till they arrived. It was an abandoned place. It looked like no one was living there but soon the front door opened a d a man with a gun came out.

"Whoah" said Blake lifting his hands in the air.

The man was a younger looking man but looked horrible from years of stress and sadness. His clothes were barely kept together, the clothes wrinkled and barely held together. He held the gun to the group of people, cocking his gun. “What do you want? Leave me alone!” He said, a deep voice that felt it was worn down from many years of isolation.

Aaron raised his hands, not expecting the gun in his face, his ears and tail at full attention. “I know it’s hard to believe..But...I’m your son” He just came out and said it, the muzzle of the gun now pointed at him. “Don’t give me that bullshit! You think this is a sick game?!” He said as he turned the chamber.

“Don’t give me that bullshit! You think this is a sick game?!”

"Sir ... if you just listen for a moment" he said tilting his ears as well showing him that they were wolfs.

"I assure you that we are very serious. Plus you're the one pointing a gun at us. Who in his right minds will lie with something like this" he added taking a deep breath.

"My father, Davin told us about what had happened and ... we just want to ask you a few questions about that day" he reached his hand up front and place it on the gun.

"He is a halfling like you former son that you think is dead. He doesn't know his real parents and .... Just give us 5 minutes to explain and after ... we will not bother you anymore" he ended bitting his lip hopping that the other would be rational and cooperate.

“Why do you insist on making me relieve that torture..?” The hand with the gun shook before lowering it. “5 minutes..You get 5 minutes..” Alexander, the man, lowered his gun and leaned against his front door. “Well..Start talking..tick tock” Alexander pointed at his wrist as he kept the gun held in his hand.

Aaron noticed he looked a lot like the man, of the man didn’t look so rugged. He had a similar face shape and even his eye color was the same, when it was not it’s vampire red. Where did he even begin explaining..What did he even ask? “I..well..I only just found out recently the man I believed to be my father took me as a child from some ‘mutt’ and he knew I was a halfing. He wanted to use me as a weapon against wolves..and make vampires the superior race. He..turned me when I was little..” He said quietly, recalling the events of the gym.

Blake looked at Aaron and back at the man. The other tried to explain as much as possible in a few minutes. It was crazy but he mananged to sum up everything.

"Is not that we want you relieve those moments, but whouldn't you consider a possibility that you son wasn't killed back then but kidnapped?" asked Blake keeping his eyes on the man.

"I know it might sound crazy but trust me ... all this is crazy ... the fact that a lunatic of a vampire is out there kidnapping wolfs to make them halflings" he continued pointing to Aaron.

"I don't know how to prove or anything that what i'm saying its true but .... maybe you know something more about that period of time but you don't want to remember. Maybe the greef and all made you believe the worst about your child. I don't know but stop acting like a savage and turn to the wolf who you once were" he finished swallowing hard, feeling his heart racing in his chest.

“Savage? Losing my son does not make me a savage!” Alexander pointed the gun at Blake with anger and sadness in his eyes. Aaron stood in front of Blake now in his wolf form, growling at him. Alexander seemed to freeze up..asking a quiet “How old are you..and when is your birthday?” He asked in a voice barely above a whisper.

Aaron stopped growling and turned back into his human form in the moment of confusion he felt at being asked such a thing. When he told the other his age and his date of birth, Alexander went wide eyed and his hands trembled. “...It’s you..Alistair..It’s really you...” Alexander dropped the gun on the floor in shock, pulling Aaron into a tight embrace, tears flowing down the sunken cheeks.

“Savage? Losing my son does not make me a savage!”

Blake stepped on a nerve which angried the man. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to use that kind of approache. When the man lifted the gun back up in front of him he saw only the big furr that jumped in front of him growling.

"Aaron don't" he said quickly trying to stop an unnecesary fight.

“How old are you..and when is your birthday?”

He found it a little strange to be asked such a question. As soon as Aaron was back to his human form and managed to answer Blake saw the change in the others eyes and the gun on the floor. Did they really got AArons father?

“...It’s you..Alistair..It’s really you...”

Blake was shocked to find out that the name was also wrong. His name was not Aaron but Alistair.

"Alistair?!" he repeaded surprised by the name. It sounded beautiful but at the same time familiar but he didn't focused on that. He didn't know what else to say so he just stayed silent. It was an emotional moment for both of them.

Aaron didn’t know what to do, overcome with many flooding emotions. Sure, the man he saw as his father was a lie and those feeling resurfaced. His name wasn’t even his name..but Alistair was his true name. But then here was his biological father, right in front of him..hugging him..loving him. His hands trembled and his eyes filled with tears. “Dad..” He said quietly, trembling hands taking Alexander in a tight hug.

Blake felt a little awkward not knowing what to say or do so he remained silent turning his gaze to a different direction and stepped away from the two. He wanted to give them a little space.

It was an emotional encounter and it made him really happy that the other finally found his real family an was happy. He deserved it.

After a few more moments Blake took the courage to speak again, interrupting the moment.

"I know is a lot to take but ... could we talk about what happened that day?"

Aaron realized how long it been, letting go and staring at the ground awkwardly. It felt weird to hear his name was something else..not sure he should use it right now or right away. Sure, that man had given him that name, but it felt weird. Maybe if he tried thinking of himself as that name for a bit, it will get easier?

"Of course..Well..get comfortable. It is going to be a long one.." Alexander sat on the ground in front of the house, patting it for everyone to sit.

Blake blinked a few times before processing what the man was saying but he did as he was told, sitting on the porch steps waiting for the man to speak again.

He took Aaron ... no ... Alistair's hand and pulled him down near him, holding his hand the entire time.

Having another name it would be a little hard to get used to it but he had to make the effort. That was his true name.

Finding out what had happen back then maybe they could figure out the old vampires plan or at least get a trail of his steps to where he could be.

Alistair..Alistair..Aaron kept thinking to himself as he sat down beside Blake. He never let go of Blake’s hand as his father began to tell the story.

“The town was under attack..fire everywhere..” Alexander waved his hand in the air. “I had hidden away Alistair to keep him safe, a vampire having set the town on fire. I think he was..looking for something” Alexander said with a small nod. “When I had tried to find my son..I couldn’t find him...Me and my wife tried looking everywhere..but he was gone. I had thought he died by the vampires hand. I was devastated..Your mother even more distraught..” Alexander looked toward Alistair. “She ran off into the woods..I don’t remember honestly the last time I saw her..” Alexander said quietly.

"Did you find out who the vampire was or what he was looking for?" asked Blake quickly looking at Aaron and back at the old man. It was possible that the vampire who set the town on fire was the vampire that took Aaron into custody and brainwashed him. But what was he looking for in a town full of wolfs?

"Wait ... you said your wife ran in the forest ... Does that mean she is still alive? Have you heard something?" he asked further wanting to know more. It was a part of the story that his parents didn't tell him.

“I didn’t care about his name..I just knew he was a powerful vampire and a force to be reckoned with. People kept saying he was saying ‘Where is he?’, no one knew who he was talking about. So they must have been..looking for you. And didn’t care how they got it” Alexander looked up at Alistair sadly. He turned to Blake when he had asked her the question. “Her body was not found, not remains so I can assume she is alive..somewhere..I’d like to hope” He said with a small nod, looking out into the woods. “She was trying to find her son desperately in the woods..I assume with no luck since I saw neither of them again. Eventually, your parents found you wandering around in the woods, only with a locket saying your name. They thought the vampire might have claimed your parents lives..and they took you in. I couldn’t bear to be around the main house so..i stayed here..” Alexander looked up at the lake house.

Blake was listening carefuly and was a little desappointed that they could find a name or any connection with the man.

But the last part confused him.

Eventually, your parents found you wandering around in the woods, only with a locket saying your name. They thought the vampire might have claimed your parents lives..and they took you in. I couldn’t bear to be around the main house so..i stayed here..”

"wait .... what?! What do you mean they found me? No ... you must be mistaken ... they are my parents. They ran that night as soon as the screams started" he said quickly feeling overly confused. He wasn't adopted. They were his parents.

"You give me a shock of a life time..I am returning the favor kid" Alexander said as he was looking up at the sky. He turned his head to Blake with a small smirk on his face. "If you weren't adopted and found wandering the woods with no memories..tell me..What do you remember from your childhood? Before the fire..? Probably a blank slate huh?" He said with a small nod.

Aar-Alistair looked toward Blake, finding out more about his backstory. So...he was found with a locket and his name? He lost memories? Those people really aren't his parents?

"So kid..You could probably ask them and watch them get super awkward. Defend themselves quickly if they are not completely silent" Alexander said as he stretched out his limbs. "Shocker of a life from Alexander..Good luck kid, finding your real parents"

"You give me a shock of a life time..I am returning the favor kid"

Blake blinked a few times in confusion. How was it that a favor? The guy just smashed his head, figuratively, with an information that he never thought about it. That couldn't be possible. The man was clearly delusional.

"If you weren't adopted and found wandering the woods with no memories..tell me..What do you remember from your childhood? Before the fire..? Probably a blank slate huh?

"I .... Well ... I was ..." he started to say but the more he tried to remember and wanted to show the man that he was mistaken he just couldn't remember a thing from his previous time, at a more fragile age. He still wanted to deny everything but it was seeming that all the old man was telling him was right. He couldn't remember a damn thing. It was all black.

"So kid..You could probably ask them and watch them get super awkward. Defend themselves quickly if they are not completely silent"

Blake stood up breathing heavy. He was in shock\surprise, everything was a mixed up torment.

"I have to head back" he said quickly. "You can stay here and .. come later home" he said narrowing his eyes. Could he even call that place home? Who was he? who were his real parents? What the hell was happening here?

His mind was messed up so he rushed to his car and drove back home like a thunder. He needed to hear the truth. Why did they lied to him all this time. They could have told him the truth. And what necklace? He never saw one around his neck.

Alexander leaned back against the house, standing up when Blake seemed to be in a panic. The kid suddenly surprises him with his son and he thought he should tell that kid about his life. It seemed they have been lying to him a lot longer than he thought. Why wouldn’t they mention the locket? Why wouldn’t they say something so crucial?

“Blake..?” Alistair looked toward Blake, watching him find out his own life was also a lie. It seemed that they both had been lied to. He could understand the others shock..Having people you had known as your parents being ripped out from underneath you like a rug. Blake ran off before he could give him more comfort. “Blake!” He called out, the car already starting and him driving off like mad in the car. “What do we do?! I’m We need to go help him!” Alistair turned to Blake’s friends. Blake needed all of them and him more than ever with this news.

Blake rushed back home driving like he was on NASCAR. He was close to have an accident but that wouldn't had stop him. As soon as he reached the house he stormed inside straight to his mother.

"Why did you lied to me?! Why?! Who am I? Who are my parents?" he started to raise his voice making his mother shake in surprise.

"Darling ... W-What are you talking about? Your Blake ... my S-..."

"NO! Stop lying already! I know that i am not your son! Why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

"honey ... please calm down" said his mother trying to touch him but he was crying and trembling.

"Don't!" he said quickly breathing slowly. "The man said i had a locker. Where is it?" he asked taking deep breaths to calm himself not wanting to turn into a wolf because of all those emotion.

"David!" she called his so called father. "David! IT'S TIME" she yield again letting the man know that the boy found out and they had to talk to him.