Love & Relationships

YaoiEmpress

:7yoyo10:What do you think of Love and Relationships in general?

I've had several guys who develop a crush on me but i don't always feel the same instantly as they do. It always was hard for me to let them know i aint ready for a relationship. It's so hard to say that without breaking their little heart as a result.

I much prefer how it's like when ya get to know the person first, then talk to each other and meet face to face. *Yeah yeah i am one pure traditional gal* Another thing is i'm one heck of a tomboy and well i'm always involved in sports and even college work so time for a relationship is tricky. I'd much prefer if the person knows me for who i am and tend to understand or maybe have the similar interests as me. Frankly i guess there is hardly anyone out there that feels the same.

It's always jump into a relationship and ask questions later kind of deal ya know. If i get into a relationship i'd like it if it's for love and so forth ya know.

Anyway enough of my babbling and let the topic begin in discussion. What do ya guys think? Is love overrated nowdays or is it best when it goes about course and traditional? Is romance dead? *boy all these questions. i aint the one that wants answers since i already know but meh no harm in asking and see what others have in mind for an answer lol*

• Like 2

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EvilStewie

• miyahara_sama

• Usagi-chan

i want true love beacuse true love like a gentel world and some times the end of it can be sad and your true lover wants nothing bad but wants to help you but in the fact romance is dead

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

love is not something where u just spit the words out of your mouth and just go out all for nothing. saying 'i love you' means 'i love you forever' not now, not after some days, months or years but forever. that is love. love is eternal that's why it does not fade whatever things may happen in the future, past or present. there are many wrong equations of love like, equating love to 'falling in love'. love is not 'falling in love', because if u say so it means to say that this day i fall for you but tomorrow i am not. The perception of 'falling in love' is wrong because it is equated to 'falling out of love', because you 'fall in' there is a 'fall out'. Therefore, it should be 'in live and stay in love and stand up for love'.

Another wrong equation is that love is equated to sex. Love in a relationship doesn't necessarily require the person involved to engaged in sex act. Love here becomes more on physical sensation rather than on emotion, on rationality, on being rational. It would be like 'i love you so have sex with me'. though sex is also love but IT IS ONLY A MANIFESTATION OF LOVe, it is not fully exhausted. Love here does not fully develop if you based it on physical sensations, this are temporary, a trance!

To have a loving relationship, the person involve should practice the 4 elements of love(refer to Erich Fromm book). A loving relationship needs patience, respect, knowledge, understanding etc. :leaf15::7yoyo10:foxy2:cuteonion41::banhbao8::banhbao45:

• Like 2

Romantic love is something very precious to me, because I have never obtained it easily. Material things and such, sure, it's attracted to me like flies to horses. But romance...

To be honest I think only one person has ever had a crush on me. Although it was half a decade ago, and a relationship was never formed, today I feel very grateful another person felt this way towards me.

I don't care for sex. What I crave is not the sexual aspect of a relationship. I don't even like sex all that much. It's not really for me. XD

What I want is the emotional and spiritual bond. I cannot comfortably share my body with someone I am not deeply emotionally invested in, and who is not deeply emotionally invested in me.

I am calm, dominant, very territorial, and I do not trust nor share carelessly. But my partner is not mine. They are free and I will never own them, and they will never own me. I will never be able to say 'this is my boyfriend/girlfriend' because they are not mine, and I am not theirs. They are with me, but doesn't belong to me. I will call them by their name, as my equal, and I expect them to do the same with me.

I know I am unsual in my view of love. And I might never find a person to be with. But that's okay too.

• Like 1

well to tell the truth i don't really believe in love

and it's not simple for a girl to have a relationship with a guy in this country

I'm not saying you can't see these kind of things here

well let's say for me even a small talk with a guy can destroy all my future

I'm 17 now but if my parents see me with a guy they would probably won't let me go to university anymore

i was taught not to fall in love

i was taught not to have feelings toward people

it's not really what my country is like

maybe it's just my family

there was a time that i don't like this

but when i saw my friends ... their love and relationships ... i thought i don't want to be like that

so ...

right now these things mean nothing to me

• Like 1

Love and romance is summed up for me by Elizabeth Barrett Brownings 43 sonnet How do I love thee.?

"How do I love thee.?Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My soul can reach,when feeling out of sight

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's

Most quiet need,by sun and candle light.

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right

I love thee purely,as they turn from Praise.

I love thee with a passion put to use

In my old griefs,and with my childhoods faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saint,-I love thee with the breath,

Smiles,tears,of all my life-and if God choose,

I shall but love the better after death.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

It doesn't work for me, I enjoy being single. I have PTSD so Its hard for me. I get what I need when I need it ( physically speaking) but warn people in advance how it works. Not that they all listen..

Not that anyone would probably care, but...

Emotional detachment in the first sense above often arises from psychological trauma and is a component in many anxiety and stress disorders. The person, while physically present, moves elsewhere in the mind, and in a sense is "not entirely present", making them sometimes appear preoccupied or distracted. In other cases, the person may seem fully present but operate merely intellectually when emotional connection would be appropriate. This may present an extreme difficulty in giving or receiving empathy and can be related to the spectrum of narcissistic personality disorder.[1]

Thus, such detachment is often not as outwardly obvious as other psychiatric symptoms; people with this problem often have emotional systems that are in overdrive. They have a hard time being a loving family member. They avoid activities, places, and people associated with any traumatic events they have experienced. The dissociation can also lead to lack of attention and, hence, to memory problems and in extreme cases, amnesia.

Well for me, Love is not about uttering how much you love him/her or doing those sweet and evil stuff, it is all about taking the risk and sacrificing.

Nowadays love is like a game for someone out there, and I hate it..

Actually right now I do'nt believe in "love"............

and I don't have time for that kind of things!!!

Love ^^ the most beautiful feeling existing...sour and sweet to the point you can't get enought no matter how much you had.

True love is something you may get to feel only once in your lifetime if you're lucky to find it but you can't chase it,it has to come to you or it isn't worth anything.

If you really love someone you'll do anything to make them happy but you shouldn't lose yourself in the process.

My favorite writing about love is this

lovehymn.jpg