Ze Gets Live-Action Film

Asclepius

Yuki Shimizu's Boys-Love Manga Ze Gets Live-Action Film

posted on 2012-06-06 17:00 EDT

Adaptation of manga's 5th volume to open in late 2012 or early 2013

Japan's Shinshokan Publishing announced on May 24 that a live-action film adaptation of Yuki Shimizu's boys-love manga Ze has been green-lit. The film will cover the characters Ryūsei and Moriya's story arc from the manga's fifth volume. The film is slated to open in Japan at the end of this year or the beginning of 2013.

The original manga's story begins when a young man named Raizō Shinakawa moves in with the Mitō family after the death of his last living relative. Raizō begins to learn the family members' secrets as he works as their housekeeper. He is attracted to master Kon but wonders if a relationship with him could be dangerous.

The manga premiered in 2004, and Digital Manga Publishing's 801 Media imprint released the series' first six compiled books in North America.

Shimizu's other works include the Love Mode and Recipe manga.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Like 7

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asclepius

• Shouhei

• lisa

• toshio0430

Oh god, as how I am excited about this, please don't choose the wrong actors and ruin the whole damn thing. I love this series and the love scenes are epic and hot and damn them if they choose not to follow the details ^^ I want Himi and Genma hen!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"Is this real life or is this fantasy......" 160.gif

Waah XD talking about my favorite couple in one of the best manga. Is this really true? Neh neh..pokes everyone*.

Can't contain my excitement, and oh I hope it won't be crappy overacting actors. Oh please don't ruin my beloved pair.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is something about ZE in the december issue of Dear+.

ZE is on the cover, but i have no idea if it's any info on the movie, a one-shot or just a drama-CD.

imgsub.jpg

Same image a bit bigger, with the ZE part highlighted (still hard to read though).

deari.jpg

If anyone knows a person that buys Dear+, you could ask her about ZE info. I've failed to find someone so far.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The only information that i found shows that the project was postponed.

It's from what seems to be the official Yuki Shimizu blog.

:(

PS: i also found the same post at Shinshokan page, the publisher of manga. So it's really real.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...